Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Airbornes New Mi-26

Years ago I worked along side Russian crews on a KA32. They couldn't long line to save their lives but could they ever put away the vodka. Oh yeah, and when they finished drinking and got the munchies they would eat what ever food was in sight, theirs, mine yours it didn't matter. I hope Airborne have a better experience with their Russians than we did.

ZAPPER

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago I worked along side Russian crews on a KA32. They couldn't long line to save their lives but could they ever put away the vodka. Oh yeah, and when they finished drinking and got the munchies they would eat what ever food was in sight, theirs, mine yours it didn't matter. I hope Airborne have a better experience with their Russians than we did.

ZAPPER

<_< So, short of the longline thing......how are they any different than the canadian crews? Oh, maybe the choice of alchohol (vodka). I personally worked with both the C.P. and company check pilot doing their conversion. They were complete gentlemen, and nothing but professional. Sure glad no one stereotypes on this website.... :huh:

<_< So, short of the longline thing......how are they any different than the canadian crews? Oh, maybe the choice of alchohol (vodka). I personally worked with both the C.P. and company check pilot doing their conversion. They were complete gentlemen, and nothing but professional. Sure glad no one stereotypes on this website.... :huh:

Don't get me wrong. I was sincere when I said " hope Airborne has better luck with their Russian crews than we did". I guess when we found one of our "professional" KA32 pilots in jail one morning my opinion of them changed. Stereotyping, I don't think so. Give it time, you be the judge.

ZAPPER

• 2 weeks later...

You guys love creating animosity in the industry or are you just suffering from memory loss, I above all people should be the one.

If I remember correctly VIH brought in a Ruskie machine quite a few years back and is now certified in Canada.

I flew in a God knows what counter rotating twin piston eng. Russian machine with Harvey Easton in 68 or 69 at Aircraft Industries, St. Jean QC.

Do you believe Igor Sikorsky was Irish?????

Piasekie was actually Polish, not American.

Instead of asking stupid question on this webpage, why not ask the people that can give you an answer, Transport Canada and then if you don't like the answer, contact your local MP and take it from there.

Creating innuendoes does nobody any good.

I do believe CH International are still in Azerbaijan.

In a global economy, you have to have global co-operation.

My thoughts only and probably should have kept my mouth shut.

Cheers, Don

Saturnman, good question.

Blackmac, strange reply.

I think this is a good place to ask the question. Maybe someone here knows.

I hope someone at Transport Canda knows, but I'm sure it will take awhile to get the answer.

Originally VIH Logging brought the Kamovs here and operated them privately, not VIH Helicopters operating them commercially, therefore different requirements for import.

Since then the Kamov has been certified.

Piasecki was born in Pennsylvania, U.S.A and did all his work there.

Sikorsky immigrated to the U.S.A at the age of 30 in 1919.