Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell Medium Strake Kit

We've had strakes (a.k.a. the great soot collectors) on our 205's for almost 2 years now. I've found that when hovering, pedal movement is even less than before, and the a/c is more stable while hovering. We've also noticed a decrease in the power required when hovering. Our results parallel BLR's in that a 2 1/2 psi reduction was noted. As per the 'rule of thumb' that equals about 60 hp saved.

412, you flew JTG with the strakes what did you think of them ?? I jumped from the 205 to the 204 (it doesn't have them) and noticed one heck of a difference in pedal displacement. They also keep the left side of the tailboom cleaner. So they really reduce the workload when cleaning the tailboom. 9.gif

Hey V-ref, I just leave the wallet at home, that offsets the extra 15 lbs. 2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious what the direct operating cost''s are for the operator, intial purchase and/or any saved maintaince costs, or has any one been running them long enough to track those costs. If so,are operators passing those cost''s onto the customer? I know Forestry regardless of province doesn''t. However, curious if skiing, drilling, and logging customers realize the DOC''s and are recoginizing this when bid''s come in? From a Drivers stand point flown both and still siitin on the fence.