Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Where Are Helmets Available In Canada

Guest Angry Egg Driver

Well thanks to everyone who posted about places to get helmets.I just ordered a new Gallet from Merit Apparel and was more than pleased with their service.I got all the goodies...Hush kit,upgraded liner,dual visor and the cell phone/mp3 adapter shipped to my doorstep for 2025.00 canadian........ :up:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I have the Gallet LH250 and am very happy with it appart from a few things

Its not that light, mines 1.5 kg which is fine just cruising along but with the head out the door you start to feel it.

It isnt a noisey helmet it just doesnt have a volume control and the sound comes through the earphones quite loud compared to headsets, not that much of a problem as I wear earplugs anyway, just a bit annoying if youve forgoten them. From what I understand you can get an inline volume adjustment.

With the factory supplied pads I found it wasnt that comfortable (probably just my head shape) but it came with a zeta liner which I can highly recommend. They make them for all different types of helmets not just gallet and are well worth the money, they say they help in a accident too.

It is my first helmet so cant compare to others but I would buy one again, maybe just a LH050 though.

Hope this helps

You can get an in-line volume control (separate cord between the ship plug and the helmet). This is better than wired into the helmet, so that if the volume control starts to go, just unplug it vs. causing the helmet to go u/s. Merit Apparel sells them.

Hi all,

I have the Gallet LH250 and am very happy with it appart from a few things

Its not that light, mines 1.5 kg which is fine just cruising along but with the head out the door you start to feel it.

It isnt a noisey helmet it just doesnt have a volume control and the sound comes through the earphones quite loud compared to headsets, not that much of a problem as I wear earplugs anyway, just a bit annoying if youve forgoten them. From what I understand you can get an inline volume adjustment.

With the factory supplied pads I found it wasnt that comfortable (probably just my head shape) but it came with a zeta liner which I can highly recommend. They make them for all different types of helmets not just gallet and are well worth the money, they say they help in a accident too.

It is my first helmet so cant compare to others but I would buy one again, maybe just a LH050 though.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Government Sales in Hartford Conneticut sells the SPH4B for a very good price, order the Oregon Areo upgrades,Hush Kit, Liner, Earseals & Softskins and it makes for a pretty comfortable helmet all for around $1,200.00 CAD. or at least it used to be about 7 yrs. ago. Just refitted the shell with another Oregon Aero uprgrade kit approx. $150.00 if memory serves me correct.

Not the lightest but not so heavy that it's a problem when bent left or right all day.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...