Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hrdc Funding

duf

Hello,

I am (finally) in the process of dealing with HRDC to secure funding for training. It's a long shot but I have been offered a pretty good deal in the past, but had to refuse.

I am applying for my full commercial license, so I have heard from the horses mouth that they have fully funded students in the past.

I have plenty of oil and gas experience. the counsellor I had and interview with today, told me I should gear my proposal towards a career in aviation within oil and gas and touch on my experience.

I just wouldnt mind some advice on the do's and don't's of this process from folks who know.

Thanks in Advance

Duf

If they refuse the first time try agian, and try to build the relationship between the oil and gas experience and Pilots licence. A letter form AES may be helpfull and just let them know that you only need the letter for industry job support out look.

HRDC does not require that you have a guaranteed job after.

Are you applyimg under the SET program?

Also it is important to demonstrate that your current skills are not transferable.

without the pilots licence.

Best of luck

H

Yes do your homework and have figure to back your statements. Yes letters from employers are good too, but try and get more than one companies word on said query. I got some aid from hrdc however it was under special circumstances tha made them a little more willing to help out I think.( manufacturing plant shut down left aboutt 1000 workers high an dry).There are lots of god tidbits of info on the T.C. website like the breakdown of piloys and age which will indicate a shortage of skilled labor when the largest demographic retires from the national pilot pool, they seemed to really like that bit of info. Its not imposible but its not easy jumping Govt. hoops but it can be done. Also their gonna want to see you comit more $$ than them, so have a good budget laid out. Set up your presentation like youm would a legal buisiness plan and have facts and figures to back it and you should do OK. Hope it helps out I know they have helped a few pilots acquire and upgrade you can find some of that info in previous posts in here.

Yes do your homework and have figure to back your statements. Yes letters from employers are good too, but try and get more than one companies word on said query. I got some aid from hrdc however it was under special circumstances tha made them a little more willing to help out I think.( manufacturing plant shut down left aboutt 1000 workers high an dry).There are lots of god tidbits of info on the T.C. website like the breakdown of piloys and age which will indicate a shortage of skilled labor when the largest demographic retires from the national pilot pool, they seemed to really like that bit of info. Its not imposible but its not easy jumping Govt. hoops but it can be done. Also their gonna want to see you comit more $$ than them, so have a good budget laid out. Set up your presentation like youm would a legal buisiness plan and have facts and figures to back it and you should do OK. Hope it helps out I know they have helped a few pilots acquire and upgrade you can find some of that info in previous posts in here.

Thanks fellas, keep em coming. Does anyone know a contact within AES that I could ask about that letter?

How about a link to that TC info?I am canvassing the site but no luck so far..

Counsellor = Someone who didnt have the skill to cut it in the real world.

"To be a helicopter pilot, you need to graduate with a 80% average, and take 4-6 years of college... The work outlook is Excellent, and the average pay for a begginer is $59,270"

AHhhhhhhhh I think not, stupid counsellors! :down:

Cole :punk:

• 4 weeks later...

hey duf,

i was granted 23,000 from HRDC but it was only after i showed them that i had put 45000 of my own money into my licence.... so my funding was for a 206 endorsment and an HAC mountain course. the 3 letters from employers is what "sealed the deal" in the words of the hrdc lady. she said witout those letters they would've denied me. also i think that they only have a set amount of funding for the aviation field so the earlier in the year you apply the better your chances.

hope this helps

rayzor