Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Familiar?

google search greatly reduces the amount of searching for helicopter related stories, as do news wire services and that RSS feed thingy.

I browse the FAA site and note the location then search for news from that area, always pops up with something pertinant and it only takes minutes with my morning coffee.

Many times I've found the story before I see it on here.

As for the story, I wonder why an A-star sounded like a motorcycle engine?

Fenestron.... Check out our news section too, this along with many other stories hits our site daily. With over 1600 items posted since last September, we are now averaging 180 articles and Press Releases every month now.

never in a million years would i ever consider an a-star t/r to sound like a motorcycle engine, not a harley, not a rice rocket, not a big bore single nor any european model for that matter. I'll assume the witness had a bit too much ear wax build-up.

And yes Kyle, I've seen all the news articles on your site. Thanks for the heads up. I just wish they'd load faster.

never in a million years would i ever consider an a-star t/r to sound like a motorcycle engine, not a harley, not a rice rocket, not a big bore single nor any european model for that matter. I'll assume the witness had a bit too much ear wax build-up.

I agree. Remember that story when a witness was asked if the plane stalled before it crashed? Witness replied "no the propeller was still spinning". All I am saying is that the only thing that may sound like a motorcycle would have been the tail rotor. Come to think of it the mains sound like a motorcycle from the right angle.

Glad the couple are okay.

Apprentice :huh: