The Canadian Helicopters Shaft

407, Yes I am with Tim and crew. They are some of most professional crews that I have worked with. Those boys know their job! Well!

CEP, If you have any concerns over your equiptment, maybe you shouldn't do the job! The move in question here was one trip. The PIC has to choose how he conducts the trip! Electrical: Armed/Not Armed! YOUR CHOICE! Oh, and as for my first post on here, what happened to the dropped bag of recovery gear there FlingWing? Another Relay problem??

Just another day at the Red Crow!! Been there done that, along with many others on this forum. There are many Ex pilots, engineers, and BM's on this site. If you boys are disapointed at this topic, please don't go back into the history of this forum, God only knows what you boys at the Red Crow might wanna do then!2.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your question T-Rex, the bag of recovery gear was hooked up to the Astar's long-line with a regular manual release hook at the end along with a net as well,the net made it but the heli-bag did not. So who knows what happened,but before you or anybody else asks why they didn't put the heli-bag in the net I did,the answer was they thought of that after the fact.And just to set the record straight in regards to the "doghouse" it was the third or forth load of the mourning,the previous loads went without incident,and the overhead cargo release switch was in the off position.But maybe you could answer a question for me,if the purpose of the electrical release is to be able to jetison the load in the event of an emergency, then what good is it if it's in the off position?What's next do we start pulling the circuit breaker too?

Not to beat a dead horse, but try the little pedal between the T/R pedals, works well!!!! That's what it's there for! Not saying things don't break, by all means they do! Actually lost a few loads myself! CHW even picked up the bill! Hopefully dosen't happen to anyone again, it hurts the entire industry!!! Good day!2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, For what its worth I will throw my 2 cents in.

Had to longline an unfortunate Astar back to our fire camp the other day. (The poor little squirrel had its tail all chewed up). Not having had the opportunity to sling a helicopter under my machine before, I was concerned about the rigging process etc. I am no stranger to finger trouble, so I elected to keep the Cargo hook disarmed, and no electrics to the remote hook. Also had my engineer supervise the rigging and hook up. Ultimately we let the pilot of the stricken Astar

do the final hook-up. All is well that ends well. Have never had a load behave as nicely as that little Astar.

Cheers

Oh Yeah, This is the CHC shaft Thread....They Really Blow, Don't They.

• 2 weeks later...

To all those who believe that a union will help them, here is the Canadian Labour Congress' website. CLC Canada Maybe ask them how you can organise the employess. If you want a union, then get off your butt and do something yourself, stop waiting for someone else to do it for you.

Cheers