Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Alpine's 212 In Canmore

Hi all,

Just a quick question for those in the know. Alpine presently has a 212 in Canmore. Last night I watched it make a very steep (looked borderline autorotative) approach to the pad. Is this for noise abatement? If so, I applaud Alpine for their community spirit.

For the record, my house over looks the east-west approach to the pad and I am never bothered by noise whatsoever. I also don't find the 212 to be much louder on approach, but do notice it to be louder when at higher levels coming into town.

407 driver...comments?

Regards,

Mark

Mark, that was me on that "borderline" approach last night at 2010. :up: :D

It was my lame attempt to reduce noise...and to correct from turning in on final a bit late :blink: They were short handed on the Base , so I steered it around for the day, had a great day up in the RedDeer and Panther rivers doing covert ops.. (covert pics attached).

You are correct, going by the Olympic skiing tracks on the west edge of town at 7,000 at 100 Kts would be niosier than the short final segment of the flight.

post-49-1149639534_thumb.jpg

post-49-1149639769_thumb.jpg

Yes, a very dangerous situation BA :blink:

In the name of public safety though,

I never ever looked east into that vast emptiness,

I made all turns toward the rockpile, in spite of what was taught to me in Penticton years ago.

I always kept one last rock between me and the potential fatal vaccuum of the flatlands. :blink:

I remained at least 1.0 hrs or more away from Stanley Cup Finalists who LOST game 1 :D (That was a dig 100' :D )

Thanks for the info 407. The whop whop does disapear as you get closer...saw your max rate climbout last night too. Although Canmore has it's share of tree huggun folks that worry that the machines might scare the squirrels, I think that you should make your approaches low and fast...load up the disk right over my place and make lots of noise! :up:

Take care.

Regards,

Mark

It was my lame attempt to reduce noise...and to correct from turning in on final a bit late :blink: They were short handed on the Base , so I steered it around for the day, had a great day up in the RedDeer and Panther rivers doing covert ops.. (covert pics attached).

You are correct, going by the Olympic skiing tracks on the west edge of town at 7,000 at 100 Kts would be niosier than the short final segment of the flight.

Nice Pics 407 Driver. Boy when I see Alpine 212's I wonder why I retired. You take care buddy and hope to get to Golden for a coffee or a wobbly pop.

Cheers Mate

Ken :up:

Nice Pics 407 Driver. Boy when I see Alpine 212's I wonder why I retired. You take care buddy and hope to get to Golden for a coffee or a wobbly pop.

Cheers Mate

Ken :up: