Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Di Your A/c

the funny thing is that engineer errors are usually found on the ground before any problem arises, and that's thanks to the second set of eyes that should be looking things over.

now turn that around and let the engineer flog along with you on your runs and suddenly the pilot mistakes become more evident. it's easy to hide small errors when you're all alone, nobody see's that slight overtorque/overtemp, nobody see's that too fast landing with the bobble and bounce, nobody sees....I could go on and on.

Nobody is infallible, that's why a DI is your best defence and two pilots are required during high stress, workload jobs. Anyone want to continue with the "well, I had an engineer do...." or an engineer go "well I once had a pilot...."? go right ahead, it just shows your maturity as a team player....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never started with the tie down on on anything, yet?? Almost, a couple times but as Cap stated. The 10 and 2 position saved me, had the finger on the starter ready to press, looked up and low and behold the blades were 12 and 6. Almost an oops.

However, gas caps are another thing, Yep lost 2 on a 206 and should have lost one in an Astar. That step where we seem to put the cap while refueling is remarkably good at holding on to that cap. It sat in there for a 65nm flight to the Charlottes. Landed in Masset, went for the keys and, DOH! There it was in the step. WOW! That's all I can say :)

Shetechnic

I'm pretty sure you are Canadian. We are "Aircraft Maintenance Engineers"

Have a good day!

Splitpin

ummm..... was this supposed to be a witty comment?? lame.... :lol:

Im a lover not a hater..... jeepers :D

the funny thing is that engineer errors are usually found on the ground before any problem arises, and that's thanks to the second set of eyes that should be looking things over.

now turn that around and let the engineer flog along with you on your runs and suddenly the pilot mistakes become more evident. it's easy to hide small errors when you're all alone, nobody see's that slight overtorque/overtemp, nobody see's that too fast landing with the bobble and bounce, nobody sees....I could go on and on.

Nobody is infallible, that's why a DI is your best defence and two pilots are required during high stress, workload jobs. Anyone want to continue with the "well, I had an engineer do...." or an engineer go "well I once had a pilot...."? go right ahead, it just shows your maturity as a team player....

Oh? I was told, "thats was transients were for" when us dummys screw up when we're alone and the customer is looking out the window and scinching down his seat belt.