Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tail Rotor Injury

i have trouble believing the a/c was undamaged after a t/r strike of any type.. but still a good reminder to everyone, HJ... something like that ruins everyone's day...

a guy i played in a band with in high school with back in the 70's lost his dad to a t/r strike... was a geologist and for some reason, ended up near the back end of a 47... :(

those who've been around a/c would know better under most occasions.

This assumption will get you into more trouble than you would care to have. While all common sense says this is true, don't ever let your guard down.

Crews going home aren't too concerned about rotating helicopter parts - "...just get us off this rig, now!" :bye:

Be careful boys, no one wants to write that accident report - or any other report, come to think of it! :stupid:

<_< People in general do stupid things around aircraft.......briefed or not, experienced people are complacent (ya,i know), lessor experienced can be nervous and hastey......now i remember why i prefer hauling logs... ;)