Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Employment rant......

like coolhand said, try the 214 guys because they always need co-joes BUT........

show up with proper clothing to work, your paperwork in order and MOST IMPORTANTLY, a HELMET under your arm!!

if YOU are not ready to go, then there is nothing the company can do.........................

about 8 years ago i had a 100 hour pup come knocking on my door on a sunday, begging to buy a helmet because he was to show up with one the next day. not only that, he only had HALF what i was asking for the helmet. ya, i gave it to him and he started flying. not to toot my own horn but to show that YOU NEED TO BE READY TO GO!!

good luck

A_C My advise to you is to start drinking heavily. No seriously, listen to the managers on this forum. They have a lot to offer. However if this was an easy gig everyone would be doin it. Hang in there. If your in Kelowna your more than welcome at our hangar( Skyline Helicopters). Hopefully we can help with any questions you have and point you in the right direction.Unfortuantly our minimum requirement is 5000 Hrs , but we realize that one day you will have these hrs. So it''s in our best interest to try and do what we can for you now, because 15 yrs from now you will be the future leaders of our industry,and one day might be my boss. Good Luck!

Well I will hold u to that bd6….I am going to go visit some friends and knock on some doors and drink lots of beers…..Hmmmm the flyn’ bev…I will have the loud surf shirt and the helmet under my arm….2000 hrs under the belt(most of it 61 co-jo)….smile on my face….Thanks for the “tough love”…..A_C

A_C ----- by all means 'soldier on' as already suggested. Remember though that there are experienced pilots out there that are wondering right now if they will have the same job this time next year. Their companies may be fighting the economy and a host of other things beyond their control. What's their first action?......cut those junior on the senority list. I've personally had 3 companies that I worked for 'cease business' for various reasons. They were all large corporations by the way. Consider what you are doing now as another form of experience and remember the 'tricks' used.......you may well have to 're-visit' those acquired skills again in the future. A secure guaranteed job?.......I suppose some Captains at Air Canada thought that one time also.