• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aircaft 1850 ?

4 people 750?

gear 200?

fuel 280? (40 USG)

Total 3080?

Altitude / Temperature ??

Hard to tell if it's legal or illegal with out the facts !

No offense 407, but I think you're about 250lbs short there. 4 pax + pilot at say 200lbs each comes to 1000lbs...

I believe the aircraft had 4 people in it total, and would hazard a guess that 407Driver has about 4500 hours in a 206 and a few of those with 4 pax plus pilot as I have. The speculation is wind in this particular accident. Have had 4 pax plus self with a little fuel at 9800 feet and the aircraft performed better that day then some days at 3000' with 2 pax. Wind has the biggest effect on performance so perhaps some pdm is required when dealing with adverse conditions and not just saying the aircraft was too heavy. Does anyone know the fuel or how much gear was on board,,,,,,could be that the machine was well under gross, who knows. Relax.

sc

No offense 407, but I think you're about 250lbs short there. 4 pax + pilot at say 200lbs each comes to 1000lbs...

Easy There Big Rig...

Do you know for sure it was 4 pax + Pilot or was it 3 pax + Pilot?

Do any of us know for sure what the fuel load was?

Do we know what the IA crew weighed?

Lets leave the questions to the investigators and the finger pointing to the Lawyers.

Jiggler

...actually Skully, I have about 9,600 on 206. (Didn't see an Astar here until about 1990)

Jiggler is correct, this is all meaningless banter. Unless you have facts, you're wasting bandwith.

I was only pointing out that the aircraft could be legal, just as much as it could be illegal

I Just did an 8.2 on the top of a 150' line, GAWD I love 407's :up:

We all can say been there done that...at least I can say I know how things work <_< and the last time I worked there I couldn't wait to get the #$@%& out of Alberta ...I was lucky enough not to bend the aircraft ....just plain lucky...I can say that most every takeoff on a hot day you were running out of left pedal and using cross control with the cyclic to get her up...and always some down slope...never uphill....my bit of fun thankfully was coming into land with the usual heavy,high,hot, and a frigging gail blowing which at the time was the best thing going for me....but I see nothing has changed since my departure, which I can say doesn't suprise me at all.....for the full story...PM me...have a nice day <_<:stupid::unsure: :shock:

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure ASRD has weight restrictions for their IA and RAP crewmembers. When I did IA with the 206 for ASRD it was a 3 person crew and about 200lbs of gear.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure ASRD has weight restrictions for their IA and RAP crewmembers. When I did IA with the 206 for ASRD it was a 3 person crew and about 200lbs of gear.

Please advance one good reason for not speculating on the causes of accidents. If the reason is that the speculator may be wrong, then insufficient credit is given to the ability of the mass of men to discern theory from fact. On the other hand perhaps the mass of men lack the intellectual horsepower to so determine. In any event, if the speculator is wrong, does he not look a bit foolish in the end?

The Out of Ground Effect hovering charts fail to consider two important factors. These are air pressure and relative humidity. There is a web site that allows the user to compute density altitude using all the factors, not just elevation and temperature. The results are quite revealing. If an ignorant pilot uses the OGE (or for that matter the IGE) charts, he may be in for a surprise. For one thing, even though the charts say that an out of ground effect hover is possible, it does not mean that sufficient power is available to climb away.

Pilots generally overestimate the performance of their aircraft. Sometimes they just ignore any kind of intellectual evaluation of conditions and the aircraft's capabilities that result therefrom. Rectal weight and balance, which appears to be a common practice, is evidence of that.