Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hawc 1 A Ageing Aircraft?

That beutiful 500N? aw man, thats not cool.

Has anyone explained that 15 years on a frame isnt that much... ****, the 172 I fly is somewhat like new and was manufactured in 68. It isnt that far off the ones that roll outta the plant now (except the glass cockpit ones... those look like fun)

So theyve opted to go with the 120? hm, would think that 500 they have now would far outperform even a brand new 120?

Any other thoughts. Saw a 120 rip over osoyoos lastnight, all black, borderbound, very fast. Didnt know weather to stay as I was or pick my jaw off the ground and call the cops. Then it came back.

I think as usual the press have some part of their body displaced, but the aircraft has ALOT of hours one it. They recieved an EC120 earlier this year, I guess that once you sit in an aircraft that doesn't make everypart of you anatomy hurt(500) then can relax in modern comfort it doesn't take long to make the switch.

Doubt if there is much difference in performance at the altitudes of Calgary. The 120 is quiet inside and outside and has the room to do much more numerous roles. :up:

funny, edmonton only several hours north don't think theirs is a dog except on those very few and far between really hot days. Maybe the Calgary cops are eating more donuts.....

The 120 will suit them just fine for their needs. Should they change, they will do exactly what many US police forces do and upgrade to a B3......no big deal.

and the ec120 will be a DOG,and they think the notar was a pig.

Based on our experience so far, they should be able to pull 100% torque until it gets really hot (+30). Then they will be limited by NG.

Don't forget Fenestron that Calgary is 1200 feet higher than Edmonton.