L3 Vs Ba

The cost of overhauls on the L3 is higher.

Transmission has a 1750 inspection, plus a 3500 o/h.

The BA just has the 3000 o/h.

Turbine has a mid-life inspection, plus a 3500 o/h.

Arriel has just a 3000 o/h.

FCU, Gov, Fuel pump are o/h individually on the Bell.

All in one for the BA. (Total cost is lower.)

Head is 1200hrs or 24 months.

4000 hrs on BA.

An L3 should be able to outlift a BA.

2200lb empty with 630hp for the Bell, vs

2700lb empty with 680hp for the BA

As far as the rotor head, you are forgetting the 2200 hr starflex.... At $22,000!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess in hindsight, I should have looked up the numbers instead of trying to rely on my memory.

We have 2 BA's in our fleet, and 2 L3's, and I get to wrench on them maybe once every 5 years.

I stand corrected.

R44's are the wave of the future..................don't be the last to get on board with the revolution!

Benefits to R44's:

Not everyone has one...

Cheap initial purchase cost

Lots of options and configurations

Cheaper to operate

Send the whole think back to the manufacturer for overhaul at 2200 hrs

Easy to load and unload (removing a lunchbox and a small tool kit vs 2000 feet of hose, 10 firefighters, pumps, spare gas etc. etc.)

Don't have to have a bitchy engineer with you every day after day after day

If you go u/s for and hour it won't put the company under

They have parts available

Come in various colours right from the factory.

:wacko:

When i was with EC many years ago they tended to compare the BA to the B3 Jet Ranger , the B2 to the L3 and the B3 to the 407 . I think that is where the true comparisons should be made ( approx the same new cost ). There is no Bell product to compare the EC130 to.

When i was with EC many years ago they tended to compare the BA to the B3 Jet Ranger , the B2 to the L3 and the B3 to the 407 . I think that is where the true comparisons should be made ( approx the same new cost ). There is no Bell product to compare the EC130 to.

I'm sorry, but I think this is either giving way too much credit to the Bell products or trying to make the EC products look really good with all the above comparisons. This is too far out there, comparing a straight Jet Ranger to a BA :huh::wacko::wacko: WTF?

I'm sorry, but I think this is either giving way too much credit to the Bell products or trying to make the EC products look really good with all the above comparisons. This is too far out there, comparing a straight Jet Ranger to a BA :huh::wacko::wacko: WTF?

I am with you, Fish, BA wins that one unless they can find a way to fit 6 people in a 206!!! :wacko:

personally, everyone gets some sort of hourly rate right????

pick the slug of the two....that translates into more trips, which equals more moolah which equals more bling and ice for the wife which equals more for you, nudge nudge, you know what I mean???? :rolleyes:

I'm gonna use a mini 500 on my next job....imagine planting a million trees with one of them.....I'd be rich!