Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

L3 Vs Ba

OK, I''ll go with misleading, and apologise for nasty posting when tired, agree? :D

Gawd, I hope that I wasn't Lacking, misleading or stupid with that answer :shock:

OK, nasty posting truce :up: B) .

You were one of the three with that answer, but I'm not going to tell you which one :P:D .

I was a little shocked when I was told the range of the 407, and I just wanted to confirm what I was told.

Thanks alot 407 D.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why was the B3 slow,,,, other than the obvious power settings it could be lots of reasons:

it was slinging an equivalent Bell 206. :shock:

it went to Revelstoke for lunch and came back. :P

the pilot had to land and clean the soot off the window from the 407 it was following. B)

they were flying backwards to avoid the sun in the window. :mellow:

or maybe it was so rough the pilot was going slow :down:

the pilot was programing his phone/gps/radio :stupid:

maybe he had a nice lady like ol whathisname in the front and was prolonging the enjoyment. :up:

maybe was really turbulent and was giving his boss a nice long ride ;)

on and on

FISH, don't be shocked over the 407's short range, it's true, So if you have to go a long way ( slowly) hire an Astar.

Skullcap, clever answers, but you forgot the obvious, HE SIMPLY COULDN'T KEEP UP :up:

Why was the B3 slow,,,, other than the obvious power settings it could be lots of reasons:

it was slinging an equivalent Bell 206.

NOPE, Illegal to sling with passengers

it went to Revelstoke for lunch and came back.

NOPE, they already did that at 1200

the pilot had to land and clean the soot off the window from the 407 it was following.

Now, that could be true

they were flying backwards to avoid the sun in the window.

Could be true, knowing the lack of directional stability in an Astar

or maybe it was so rough the pilot was going slow

Yes, the Hammers were out of tune

the pilot was programing his phone/gps/radio

Nope, that's normal pilot activities

maybe he had a nice lady like ol whathisname in the front and was prolonging the enjoyment.

Nope, unless he was Gay

maybe was really turbulent and was giving his boss a nice long ride

Perhaps, but in the superior 407, we never felt a bump

on and on

Over to you, you great source of backwards spinning Wisdom :D

Have they done anything about the Astars flaming out in the snow when your going slow, I know that you, 407D had an Astar in Golden flame out on your base pilot back in the winter of 93/94, and I beleive CHC had another one up in Ft Mc do the same about a year before that nasty accident.

Short of not flying slow in the snow, for that reason alone I have never liked Astars, and I sure hope they have come up with a fail safe fix in the last 12 years or so.

Or jumps into a 407!

Sorry to hear you had so many bad experiences with them, no wonder you,ve become such a staunch Bell man.

One last thing I,ll say about the 407, if a person can fly 8+ hours in one, much less on the end of a 150' , and not be crippled by the end of the day, they have my vote.

Fly safe

Or jumps into a 407!

Sorry to hear you had so many bad experiences with them, no wonder you,ve become such a staunch Bell man.

One last thing I,ll say about the 407, if a person can fly 8+ hours in one, much less on the end of a 150' , and not be crippled by the end of the day, they have my vote.

Fly safe

I must admit, I've only attended a couple of Bell accidents, and all persons on board were fine.

The 407 isn't for everyone, but at my slight 5'9" and 180 lbs :D I find it comfortable