Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

L3 Vs Ba

407 Driver, would you be refering to A-stars from France? (Nice helicopters) Careful though, some of those Qubecoise hate the French... :huh:

But wait, maybe you were refering to Bell's helicopters (Nice helicopters) that are assembled in Mirabel, Quebec?.... :huh:

I have to say, as an unbiased (Eurocopter vs Bell) gonna-be pilot, I've loved reading this thread. It's so much fun to watch you guys argue back and forth about which is the superior helicopter. That reminds me, where has PerfectTrack gotten to these days?

is it fun? seems to me this has been done to death a zillion times with the same old players and i can't think of anything any more boring...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest bag swinnger
is it fun? seems to me this has been done to death a zillion times with the same old players and i can't think of anything any more boring...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ok Shagster it is true that this one has been beat to death before. So isnt it time you started a post that had something of intrest for the rest of us? If I had time I could start one about how I almost crashed after landing and shut down of the engine last tour, but I dont..... so maybe you have some interesting moments Swinging bags above ten thousand feet in Wyoming or wherever you are? or That last tour in Alaska, Or even post some pics of all the neat places that you get to go, and dont tell me that you dont have a camera cause I know you got the money. B)

PS: and when are you comin fishin. Cheers. BS

BS, you b'stard! i swore to keep my secret agent duties just that.

camera, yes. picture posting savvy, not yet. when i figger it out i'll get some up.

10000' with bags in wyoming in the summer 30+C? what a drag. literally. good thing there was a fairly large drop off on the upwind side of staging but it's not much fun being a drag chute when going into steep valleys etc. you have to take your time and make sure you don't have a big breakfast before you start work.

your stories sound like they might be more interesting. do tell.

cheers

S

Gee whiz, all the Bell machines that I get to fly were surely not built in Mirabel, they're always too bloody old! Would love to try something a little newer one day, maybe even a French machine, I mean one built in Mirabel, near my home town!

As for soccer, it might be hard to talk Skids Up into joining in but what the heck, let's try!

Iguess this all sounds like the race between the tortus and the hare. I fly the 350 and just love the squrrel cheeks. I use the right side one just for for me and all my personnal stuff. It doesn't get trashed by the customers. In the bell all you get is that little space under the pilot seat or inbetween the front seats. It gets kind of cumbersum when your beer can is under the collective when you want to land. it always seems to get spilt. The 407 I hear has more head room then the regular bells (206 series) . They just lowered the seats! Now there is just room for the beer can! And now you have to use more underarm deoderant as the collective just sits under your arm pit. Don't get me wrong. I like the 407. it looks just like a sports cars. It looks like its going 200 mph when its just sitting there. But I prefer the 350 B2.

As it appears that this thread has degenerated into the usual Bell vs Eurocopter debate, I won't worry too much about being slightly off topic.

I'm the first to admit that I don't know jack about Astars but I think somebody was giving me a bit of a sales pitch when they told me their average cruise speed is 140 miles per hour. I would appreciate it if those with experience on the B2 could tell me (honestly) what their "average cruise speed" really is.

Thanks!

That can also vary depending on configuration. Ski basket, cargo swing, squrrel cheeks, etc. But the average cruise speed is between 110 and 120 Kts. And I've found that it does matter if you are full or empty, obviously slower if you are full and faster if you are empty, but by only about 5 Kts or so. Lots of variables to consider.