CHC International - good/bad?

Well, Duece,

Perfect timing, we just received a 4% payraise yesterday. As for your concerns about a domestic tour messing with the tax break. We have, on occasion, had local pilots drop into YHZ that usually work overseas. Head office is very aware about the limits and they do their best to make sure that they don't go over the ten percent limit, 18 days for most people that do the normal tours.

As for the pay and benefits, it's hard to compare with anything in Canada. Every job is different, some do better than others. I've seen copilots paid a lot more than certain captains on the same aircraft. It depends on pilot experience and what their history with the company is.

Like I've said before, I have been very fortunate with the training I've received from CHW/CHC, from Penticton to now. I spent a brief time at Helijet that I really enjoyed too, but moved on due to my parents' medical issues and the chance to work in my home province.

RH

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From personal experience, the Springboks are a lot more fun to work with than the Canadians. Come to think of it, so are the Brits, Aussies and Kiwi's. But that could all change in November when the Rugby World cup starts. Also from personal experience don't believe all the negative reports about CHC, they've been very good to me, all I had to do was work hard. Cheers

It may not be a case of making things up, but a matter of who you are referring to. As a base manager for "bend-over-Bob", how many dealings did you have with St.John's (CHC)?

We all felt your pain when you used to get a visit from CHW marketing in Edmonton and then subsequently lost revenue as you had to do damage control with the customers.

You are in a much better place now, too bad it took so long to see the light, eh?

RH

I thought the thread was about CHC International. As an ex pat overseas pilot enjoying the tax free high life in sunny places with the odd bit of malaria, my knowledge of CHC is limited to International Offshore Ops only. I know nothing of the rest of the outfit, and certainly had no intention of accusing anyone of "making this stuff up". I was just concerned that the Springboks appear to have a bad name, and on my big happy base that is certainly not the case. Cheers

Hi Windy Miller,

I'm happily married to a Springbok, you certainly don't have a bad name in our house.

What 407 is referring to is Canadian Helicopters Limited, the domestic division that CHC sold off. Unfortunately they still allow them to use the paint scheme and hummingbird. Hence the constant confusion.

RH

RH, you are the true diplomat. But the facts here are...

I never posted against CHI, CHC or CHX in this particular thread, I posted against the blanket statement that Windy made " don't believe all the negative reports about CHC.."

He is basically saying that 412 Driver did not have a 10 week tour, and his friends did not contract malaria. He is also disputing Deuce's simiilar claims.

Personally, I believe the posts of these two individuals, and took offense to Windys post.

Unfortunately RH, I have had dealings with CHC corporate, and as you mentioned...am very happy to be out, my only regret was that I should have left 10 years sooner.

One final correction, I have never worked and will never work for the offshoot company CHL, it was "CHC" Western Division that was on my previous pay cheques.

----------------

On 8/6/2003 8:47:19 AM windy miller wrote:

RH

thanks for clearing that up. Sounds like CHC domestic may be the outfit to avoid. I am assuming you are in Halifax, enjoy the fog !!! WM

----------------

Yep, right in the middle of fog season... Two weeks off starting today, thanks to my trip south last month. I never would have been able to get that kind of time off out West, unless of course I was Zoomin Newman.9.gif