Tommy Lee's Pilot Charged With Recless Flying

RH;;;

Something normal we do above the 49th? Ah, generally landing on a public street is a no no here too. I can show you the reciept if you like.

sc

What a mean bunch, I think you all are jealeous of TL movie with PA,,,,,,

Nah, just kidding, can't stand em either and hope they both(pilot and TL that is) get the cowpoooie.

sc

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure you can understand their concern....

did you just have an incident that should be reported to transport canada...

did you have intentions of robbing an establishment in the area and use the helicopter for a quick departure where no cruiser can follow....

did you needlessly endanger anyone close by...

are you possibly delivering an urgent supply of donut dough to the local Tim Hortons.....

Here is just a example of lacking common sense! Landing i the middle of a huge city by the standard of our operations up here.

But even if that was excusable do remember that the guy got a warning when he picked tommy boy up. He got arrested because he droped him off after the warning.

:down: :down: :down: :down: Shmuck!!

SG

You're a person of few words, Tycoon. :D Welcome to Vertical mag, by the way. :bye:

Kind of agree with Some Guy; pilot should've used better judgement. Poor Tommy Lee didn't want to fight ground traffic, which is understandable—L.A.'s one heckuva congested city. He could've easily landed at a safe airfield, closer to the show, and limo'd in. But noooooooooo......

Yep. Shmuck. :)

I think it is hilarious! Poor judgement for sure...but really I am sure most of you have always wanted to do it...just smart enough to know better!! lol

I am sure that the millions of seniors that can not see over the dash of their cars or past their hoods pose more of a threat to the public than this procedure did. Not to mention all the other knuckleheads that should not have a drivers licence.

I think it is just plain and simple discrimination...nobody likes a helicopter pilot anymore!!!

I am also sure he did a thorough recci before he touched down! And I am sure he was rewarded handsomely for his efforts.

Maybe TL is looking for a new driver!! hee hee Better dig out my resume

P

Interesting story...........I'm getting flashbacks here...........

In the early '90s, myself and another pilot flew two machines with Tommy and the rest of Motley Crue to a glacier for a photo shoot.

The glacier was in a very sensitive Provincial Park and we were sure we would get busted if the story ever got out.

Luckily it didn't.

The funniest part was watching guys dressed in the clothes that rockers usually wear walking around on a glacier !!

They were slipping and sliding and frickin' cold !!

Thankfully one of them didn't fall into a crevasse.......that would surely make the newspapers buzz.....and Cyclic Monkey would've been heading back to the big house again !!

post-414-1155242486_thumb.jpeg

I think it is just plain and simple discrimination...nobody likes a helicopter pilot anymore!!!

That's it! post-824-1155243771_thumb.gif That's it, Plinkerton! Soon, the PPPAAP (Perpetually Puzzling Plot Against All Pilots :shock:) will leave you no where to land but those skeeeery li'l pads on the sides of steep mountains and on teeny, tiny offshore platforms that you cannot see below while above in a hover. :blink:<_< I think you should protest! :prop: :blur:

In the early '90s, myself and another pilot flew two machines with Tommy and the rest of Motley Crue to a glacier for a photo shoot.

The glacier was in a very sensitive Provincial Park and we were sure we would get busted if the story ever got out.

Luckily it didn't.

The funniest part was watching guys dressed in the clothes that rockers usually wear walking around on a glacier !! They were slipping and sliding and frickin' cold !!

Thankfully one of them didn't fall into a crevasse.......that would surely make the newspapers buzz.....and Cyclic Monkey would've been heading back to the big house again !!

So...ahhh...errrr...uhhhm...aw, h*ll...I'm just gonna ask it! Why risk for a celebrity, or anyone else, for that matter? Whether in the middle of a highway in traffic or on an environmentally sensitive glacier, or any other place that common sense tells you probably just ain't right...why risk it? :rolleyes: Just curious. (Should I brace myself? Eeeccckkk! :P)

BTW, kinda cute there behind bars, CM. ;):D