Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tommy Lee's Pilot Charged With Recless Flying

That's it! post-824-1155243771_thumb.gif That's it, Plinkerton! Soon, the PPPAAP (Perpetually Puzzling Plot Against All Pilots :shock:) will leave you no where to land but those skeeeery li'l pads on the sides of steep mountains and on teeny, tiny offshore platforms that you cannot see below while above in a hover. :blink:<_< I think you should protest! :prop: :blur:

There is definitely a conspiracy in the works! HAHA

So...ahhh...errrr...uhhhm...aw, h*ll...I'm just gonna ask it! Why risk for a celebrity, or anyone else, for that matter? Whether in the middle of a highway in traffic or on an environmentally sensitive glacier, or any other place that common sense tells you probably just ain't right...why risk it? :rolleyes: Just curious. (Should I brace myself? Eeeccckkk! :P)

It should not matter who is in the aircraft with you..common sense and self preservation should dictate your actions. I am sure everyone has bent a rule or two at some point. But I bet not many are prepared to put there livelyhood on the line for a celebrity or anyone for that matter. There is no doubt that there are far to many rules and special interest groups governing us...Part of being a professional is adhering to them even though you might think they are absurd. I am quite sure that there were no lives endangered in the process of picking up and dropping off the rockstar but there are regs and he did not follow them. I still think it is hilarious that he did it though. There are always going to be those that venture outside the box as has been pointed out in the thread already. I guess he was using the "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission" principle. :rolleyes:

P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RH;;;

Something normal we do above the 49th? Ah, generally landing on a public street is a no no here too. I can show you the reciept if you like.

sc

Sorry, I misunderstood the situation. I've landed on lots of "'roads" where there was no other option, but not city streets without a permit, what an idiot.

Pressure from the boss stung him.

RH

Pressure from the boss stung him.

RH

Everytime I read this thread I think about why the pilot might have done this.

Personal theory #1: Maybe he got caught up in the rock star attitude of "I don't give a s@*%, I'll do whatever I want" from being around Tommy

Personal theory #2: Tommy probably said "F#@& it man, land on the road. If you get a fine I'll pay it for you" and the pilot did it because of theory #1 but forgot about the possibility of a suspended or revoked license

Everytime I read this thread I think about why the pilot might have done this.

Personal theory #1: Maybe he got caught up in the rock star attitude of "I don't give a s@*%, I'll do whatever I want" from being around Tommy

Personal theory #2: Tommy probably said "F#@& it man, land on the road. If you get a fine I'll pay it for you" and the pilot did it because of theory #1 but forgot about the possibility of a suspended or revoked license

Does that mean his limo driver should drive 100mph the wrong way on a one way street cause "Tommy" wants him to