Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fatal Traps Reprint

here's the latest up date from the Fatal traps web site

Fatal Traps For Helicopter Pilots is about to be reprinted by McGraw-Hill Publishing, New York for worldwide distribution. Please bookmark this page, details on the easiest way for you to obtain a copy will be posted here just as soon as it's available.

Page Last Updated: 7 August 06

http://www.fataltraps.com/order.asp

I've heard about this book. As a newbie its scary to think that this book is filled with fatal crashes. Makes you think twice about trying to make a go at this industry. That being said, you can get killed anytime you step into your car.

Has anyone read this book and do you recommend it? Can you learn from it?

Thanks for any info.

It has been highly recommended by many pilots, it has been sold out and out of print. I've asked people on VR to get on the waiting list for the last several months and hopefully that was the push needed to get the book back in print.

wether it was or not doesn't matter it's finally going back into print. :up: :up:

I've heard about this book. As a newbie its scary to think that this book is filled with fatal crashes. Makes you think twice about trying to make a go at this industry. That being said, you can get killed anytime you step into your car.

Has anyone read this book and do you recommend it? Can you learn from it?

Thanks for any info.

I read Fatal Traps at least three times cover to cover during my ab initio training. IMHO, this book should be required reading for all pilots, and especially for the newbies. It didn't make me want to quit flying, but it sure made things a lot clearer as far as the risks go... :mellow:

Hey Phil, with your connections in the printing business, can you steer me in the right direction for this book. My wife has taken a job as a flight nurse. I think I want her to read it. I can't talk any sense into her.

Thanks

SOB

ps Am enjoying the Professional Helicoters Pilot studies. Will let you know how it helps with my IR test.