Ultra Sonic Filter Cleaning

RTR

Looking for options for cleaning oil filters. So far I have been looking at ultra-sonic cleaners from AVIALL. However, I am wondering about electro-sonic cleaners.

Any Pro's / Con's between the two types of cleaners? And what are the best cleaning agents to use with them?

thanks folks!

cheers,

RTR

Looking for options for cleaning oil filters. So far I have been looking at ultra-sonic cleaners from AVIALL. However, I am wondering about electro-sonic cleaners.

Any Pro's / Con's between the two types of cleaners? And what are the best cleaning agents to use with them?

thanks folks!

cheers,

RTR

Some filters should be tossed after XX number of cleanings....maybe its time to buy a new filter?....just a suggestion. Hydraulic filters come to mind...

yo RTR;

From what I gather the electro sonic cleaners are less harmful than ultra sonic cleaners, and they are more dollars. Apparently they use a electric motor to vibrate the solution. Some manufactures think that the ultra-sonic cleaners may be harmful for the glue which holds the filters together, they say to clean them with white solvent.

Personally I know of company personnel whom have left filters in the cleaner for 3 hours and not have damaged the filter.

We use ultra sonic cleaner but only for short periods of time and use solution that came with the cleaner and water.

sc