Eas-west Helicopters

Hey, does anybody know something about East-West helicopters? Where is the Mainbase? Internett adress?

They had a Bell 214B, C-GEWT, and I don´t have a picture of this machine in my collection. Every Informations are very welcomed...

Thank you and have a nice day.

Bell214

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I´m looking for a picture of this Bell 214, C-GEWT. The Machine was owned by East-West and crashed a few years ago. I hust have the crash picture in my 214 collection. It would be great, if someone could help me...

Have a god day, cheers

Bell214

(copied from "just conversation")

I hope that I am misinterpreting your intentions.

I knew the engineer who lost his life in this crash and I'm sure many others on this site knew people as well. I don't feel this is the place to be looking for "crash pictures"

If I am mistaken then I apologize.

hg12

I knew the engineer who lost his life in this crash and I'm sure many others on this site knew people as well. I don't feel this is the place to be looking for "crash pictures"

hg12

Sorry, I´m not looking for Crash pictures or something like that. I didn´t know this machine and I didn´t know something about the crash. It´s a sad story and I am sorry about this post.

hg12

Sorry, I´m not looking for Crash pictures or something like that. I didn´t know this machine and I didn´t know something about the crash. It´s a sad story and I am sorry about this post.

I thonk that he is looking for pics of the A/C before the event.

I must confess that I felt a li'l pang of guilt :unsure: when I read this thread as I, too, have been looking for a picture of a helicopter (C-GXJR) in its happier days, pre-incident. I'm the opposite of Bell214; I already have the crash picture, as horrifically sad as it is.

Obviously, these machines log many flight hours, with many different pilots and crews, through the years...providing a slight "disconnect," or perhaps even a "buffer," if you will—between the crews who may have perished in tragic accidents in specific helicopters—and those who may have had happier memories of the machines and the jobs they performed in/with them in the past, to those looking for helicopter images for personal reasons. (I've read that twice now; I think it makes sense.) :huh:

No one wants crash pictures posted, but we must consider that such requests might have honest and sincere intentions behind them.

I, too, hope not to offend anyone with this post; had to give my guilt voice. That is all. :) -TQN

I agree with you 100% TQN, and after reading yours and Bell214's reply I felt I should clarify my position as well. I wasn't attempting to pin any unintended label upon anyone.

Only that the post seemed a little ambiguous. I read it on "just conversation" a few days ago and initially decided to ignore it. Only after reading it again in Heli Ops did I choose to reply to it, and it wasn't done lightly, I weighed it out for an afternoon.

I wasn't sure of what Bell 214 wanted and only needed to be sure that no disrespect was intended, if only for my own personal reasons.

Again, no nastiness inferred or intented. :)

Fly Safe,

HG12