Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

York Police Back in the AIR 2.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That kind of scenario makes you wonder why for sure.

Why only one bidder? Why did the previous guys not bid again? Was the bidding kept so quiet, no one else knew? Did they know, and know enough to stear clear? Something sounds out of place...

I'm guessing there was only one bidder because of price. A little online search I did revealed the minutes of a York council meeting and the price voted in by council to pay for this is only 428$ per hour flown which includes all costs associated with running the helo including normal maintenance and pilot.

I'm not sure what an EC120 leases out for normally but $428/hour just seems really low to me. Either the company can afford to bleed to get their foot in the door or there is some underground back scratching going on.

My 2 cents, over and out.

First things first....Vortex, Is that a picture of you or your girlfriend in your user profile?

$428 per hour. Does sound low. But it's problably the DOC of the 120 plus so much for pilot and engineer.

York Regional Police own the aircraft and National supplies the Pilot and engineer. As fore parts I would think the Police would have to pay the bill for that. But without seeing the contract you never know.

I would believe that the Police would also pay for the hanger rent and fuel in Buttonville or anywhere else the aircraft landed.

The contract maybe broken up many ways, one for A/C, Pilot, Engineer. Two for hanger, three for fuel, the list could go on and on. There are many ways to hide the real cost.

Attention: Vortex Ring

You may choose to hide behing the cloak of a user name and make slurs about something you probably know nothing about but I choose not to. My name is Gerry Whalen and I am working contract for the company on one of their Bell 212s. I do not know much about the company but I did see them spend a lot of money on their 212s this spring and hire some excellent people and they certainly appear to be trying to raise their profile. All I can say is that they have treated me fairly and better than many.

This is one of the industries known for its bitching but we do it in house and we protect our own like a mother hen. When people like you go public with statements which border on libelous, it only hurts our entire business.

Before you commit to rash statements in future, maybe you should try and spend some of your own money and see what this game is really about.

When you get some experience in this business, you will probably learn about constructive criticism. But then again, we don't know about your experience, hiding behind that skirt.

carholme