York Police Back in the AIR 2.

Viper1, I sure don't think I asked for your address, social insurance number or anything. Just which side of the fence your home is. I just wonder why there is fear about it? Scared of management coming down on you? Are you bullied easily at work and at the schoolyard?

Don't be afraid. We'll protect you.

And Carholme, why the rash attack on Vortex? He didn't make those numbers up did he?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to keep the ball rolling.I believe the response to Vortex Ring's post should be attacked,as I read the post early this morning,and I found the comments "bleed to get their foot in the door" and "underground backscratching" offensive.If Mr.Vortex Ring is an operator,he should deal with it on a business level, not an anonymous forum such as this. I am wondering if comments like those are in fact, marginally libellous.As a line pilot for numerous yrs.I have recieved employment from many companies over the yrs.and it is none of mine nor any other wage earners business as to how contracts are awarded or why.If Mr. V-Ring is an operator or a York politician ,fess up!!

I guess there could be several ways of looking at, both the comments, and this forum's reaction to them. Probobly there is merit in both.

Firstly, I don't believe if someone reported that PharmaPlus lowballs or 'bleeds a little' on Paper Towels at $0.99/roll in order to get customers in the store, there'd be much reaction....let alone libel lawyers beating down the doors. Been in the industry a number of years now and while I don't think it's exclusive to aviation ...we all seem to be getting a tad sensitve as of late.

With respect to the 'backscratching' reference, yes, contracts awarded from one private individual to another are,indeed, no one's business.Period. BUT contracts awarded from the public purse should be,and are public knowledge....hence the ability to score the numbers from the minutes....fair ball I'd say.2.gifIf the numbers don't add up to what is common knowledge, ie: operating costs and reasonable profit, then it's fair game to speculate....who out there still accepts the Warren Commission, CNN , or that Cretien was just 'helping out a fellow constituant with a loan application'

I'd like to think that here, anyways, we can differentiate between speculation and accusation.

My little stool pigeon just spilled the beans about this whole sordid affair and I nearly fell off my chair laughing...

I wondered what the gig was, now I know.

Oh how the spider web has been spun.

I'm not all that insensitive, I cry during sad movies8.gif, and I can pretty much feel a grain of sand thru a foot of concrete with my tender fingers2.gifBut I might like to sit on my info for a bit, my poor informant might have a target on his back already. Besides, I might want to verify the story first, so I don't start any unfounded and libelous rumours, and become a victim of censorship1.gif

Well the contractor was changed and best wishes to the new operators....maybe it's good 'insurance' that things will run smoother, afterall one would not want to be too 'unprotected' ;) afterall a job can't be complete until all the 'paperwork' is in order and as companies come and go....some we miss and some we know. :hide: