hurler

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest bag swinnger
Has anybody seen that Nickelback video "Far Away"? Initial attack forest firefighter gets called away from his impossibly hot girlfriend, hops into an all red Astar (with Canadian regs), fire gets too close... blah blah blah. Anyone seen it? Anyone know the company who did the flying?

Yeah I saw that one too..... looked like a Blackcomb Astar to me.

Well shizle my whizzle!

Apparently Ontario- Thunderbay has 6 fires on the go! Add the 2 monsters in BC and i will bet that we are going into October/ November.

Add that most firefighters have returned to school that leaves huge personell resource gaps... It could multiply. Watch those type 2 crews gents... :shock: Where I am hover exit maneuvers have been cancelled, cause no one is trained..

Oh well!!

Enjoy the ride! :up:

H

Egg

Partly correct, except I found a company where credit is given for experience. In addition the CP is not a jerk, on a power trip. On top of it all I am compensated for the services I provide in a proper manner. In addition the majority of the pilots are 40+ something so communication is fluid and you get the feeling that nobody really has anything to prove. The company is totally non qliquee- which is a refreshing change to the backstabbing qliquee frat boy mentality I have encountered at the majority of companies I have worked for.

Like I said along time ago, there are maybee 3 or 4 good companies to work for in Canada. How do I know.. well I have worked for many.

Hurler

Who would have thought that things would only get busier in September?

Some stats for anyone interested:

Kamloops Fire Centre has 35 machines on today (8 lights, 11 int, 10 med, and 6 heav). CIFFC's report from yesterday shows lots of aircraft working in ON, AB, and BC (http://www.ciffc.ca/firewire/today-e.htm). Bring it on!

The Tatoosh Fire is going strong with extremely smoky conditions. The latest size I heard is 2300 Ha on our side of the border and growing.

Yesterday, a new fire started in the Penticton Zone called the Border Lake Fire and it is already estimated to be 260 Ha.

The Tripod Fire could cross the border pretty soon and there seems to be lots going on in the Cariboo, SE, and PG Regions as well! Not to mention what else is happening outside BC.

Enjoy it while it lasts everyone and keep it safe so we can all enjoy the extra money we've made this year over the winter months.

PIC