HUET Training

sfc

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sfc,

WHy the interest in the HUET course? If your just wanting an extra for the resume, I''d spend it on something else like a rating. I worked as a diver on a HUET for quite a while. Having just visited every heli opertator in BC and Alberta, I can tell you that, that experience didn''t even raise an eyebrow.

----------------

On 3/23/2003 9:23:23 AM Flinger wrote:

WHy the interest in the HUET course? If your just wanting an extra for the resume, I''d spend it on something else like a rating. I worked as a diver on a HUET for quite a while. Having just visited every heli opertator in BC and Alberta, I can tell you that, that experience didn''t even raise an eyebrow.

----------------

Well, partly for the resume but mostly for my own satisfaction and safety. I''d hate to find myself flying over water (recreationally or professionally) and not properly prepared for an emergency. I wouldn''t expect it to carry much weight with most operators, but I''d certainly feel better knowing that if the time came when I had to go for a swim I was able to get clear of the aircraft.

i like your thinking sfc, but as previously stated, it won''t make a difference. any company that has the requirement will put you through the course so save your money. besides, if your just starting out the chances are the ratings you hold will keep you "within gliding distance of shore". yes?

----------------

On 3/27/2003 11:16:14 AM 412driver wrote:

if your just starting out the chances are the ratings you hold will keep you "within gliding distance of shore". yes?

----------------

Fair enough... How''s ''bout I''m flying over forest or urban area, run into a spot of bother with the engine, only "safe" lz is trees or open water? Trees the a/c is destroyed, water (possibly a reasonable depth) aircraft may salvageable. Which do you hit? What if you hit the water expecting it to be 3'' deep (looks like a flooded field from 500'' down to 50'') only to find out it''s 30''. Suddenly I''m swimming

• 5 weeks later...