amodao

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok,

Elvis, thekingshead, helimat what would be a realistic (I mean realistic) pay for a pool engineer and a base engineer.

Also what would be a realistic days on/off schedule for a pool engineer south of the territories.

Everyone else out there lets hear what you would consider as acceptable (realistic) compensation for pool and base engineer positions.

Thanks

Blackcomb engineering - no funny stuff........., Keep it constructive!

Ok,

Elvis, thekingshead, helimat what would be a realistic (I mean realistic) pay for a pool engineer and a base engineer.

Also what would be a realistic days on/off schedule for a pool engineer south of the territories.

Everyone else out there lets hear what you would consider as acceptable (realistic) compensation for pool and base engineer positions.

Thanks

Blackcomb engineering - no funny stuff........., Keep it constructive!

O.K. O.K. pumpkin latte aside, Seems everyone is in the same boat as one previous post mentioned all within 5%. I am of the philosophy of paying good crew well above average, which will pay off in the long run. Mind you, you have to find good crew first.

If you're lucky enough to latch on to someone you can send out on any job without playing nursemaid, then pay him/her well. On the other hand, if you're fielding phone calls all day, then they aren't worth as much.

As far as an actual monetary figure goes, my lips are sealed. My ballpark guess would be around 75000/year for 3 lights, 600 hrs each/year. Extras on top of that.

Regardless, it seems the old guard (the ones that do it for the chicks and glory) are dwindling............or taking management positions. lol

The industry is going to have to pick up it's collective socks in the wage/benny department to attract good people and hang on to them

My 2 cents worth

There's a finite number of experienced personnel.

As companies expand their fleets, there won't be any extra people around to staff them.

We're now seeing the results of the short-sightedness of the last 10 years when a lot of companies did not take on apprentices out of school and take time to train them.

That, coupled with experienced personnel moving into management as the old guard retire, or to Transport, or instructing, and we are here!

People also aren't going to move from one company to another if the pay is the same, (or within 5%, as one poster noted.) There has to be something significantly more, not neccessarily financial, to entice a person to try new horizons. For some, it's a chance to move into a supervisory position, or could be benefits, pensions, or better rotations...

Some people, after 20 years or so, are getting tired of field work, and possibly looking for shop work without field tours. These are all options that are available now, more so than ever.

There's a finite number of experienced personnel.

As companies expand their fleets, there won't be any extra people around to staff them.

We're now seeing the results of the short-sightedness of the last 10 years when a lot of companies did not take on apprentices out of school and take time to train them.

That, coupled with experienced personnel moving into management as the old guard retire, or to Transport, or instructing, and we are here!

People also aren't going to move from one company to another if the pay is the same, (or within 5%, as one poster noted.) There has to be something significantly more, not neccessarily financial, to entice a person to try new horizons. For some, it's a chance to move into a supervisory position, or could be benefits, pensions, or better rotations...

Some people, after 20 years or so, are getting tired of field work, and possibly looking for shop work without field tours. These are all options that are available now, more so than ever.

Sooooooo, getting tired of field work, Ray?