Chick Pilots

hurler

I don't think I would take offense at being called a "chick pilot." I just don't spend a lot of time worrying about stuff like that. There are far worse things that we could be called, I'm sure.

:)

Generally, the guys I have met across the country have been great to me and I have had a lot of fun with them. Like any industry, there are a few who need a good slap, but they don't ruin the reputation of whole bunch of you!

And I am going to keep the dark hair. There aren't as many "dumb-brunette" jokes around.

:D

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what did you make last year then Spewer...$3000???? God someone would have to be pretty frikin desperate to have you drive their machine. So lets see..$1000 X 3 = $3000. (just speculating that you only worked three days lol) It is remarkable that someone would even let you in their office with your attitude let alone give you the keys to the camper! I am sure you have been shown the door more than once. I am even more sure that your resume has hit a trash can or two!

Keep raisin the bar...you make everyone else in the industry look like gods!

Plink

There are far worse things that we could be called, I'm sure.

And I am going to keep the dark hair. There aren't as many "dumb-brunette" jokes around.

Agreed. And touché! Although one reaches a point where there are no new ones to hear. :D

PLINKERTON: Smack yerself a good one. Yer stuttering. :up:

Hi All,

This'll be my first post here, though I've been reading casually for a year or so (read - not another incarnation of someone in calgary...), and I thought I'd throw my 2 cents into the original topic:

I've had the pleasure of working with only two "chicks" during the course of my aviation career, and both were very proficient at their chosen discipline. One bends wrenches with abandon, the other flies circles around her co-workers. Neither of them flinch when called a chick and both of them, to their credit, produce ample amounts of testosterone...

Both my sister and an old girlfriend of mine were disuaded from becoming pilots. Both were told time and time again "it's a mans industry - you'll never make it". Sad, my sister would make a great driver, but she's well settled in acedemia now. The girlfriend on the other hand, that was probably for the best.

m

Slightly off thread topic but related to last post, sorta. How come I see the following message;

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/whatever.gif

instead of the applicable smilie?

With a wife, 3 daughters, & 1 granddaughter it's CHICK everything in my world...(I think even the fish in the tank are girl's)

So girls if'n ya wanna fly fill yer boots!!