Flight into Campbell River

Im planning to do some fishing in Campbell River this summer and thought I should fly in instead of taking the 4 hour drive from Vancouver, but I reached one major problem, getting from the airport to the city. I was wondering if there was any shuttles or bus service that was offered, I know there are specails for people who come in on an airline but I dont know if they are offered to people who fly themselves in. I know renting a car is an option but that would drastically raise the price of my weekend away. So if anyone has any idea''s or experiences from there it would be great to hear

thanks,

There are a couple taxi companies that service the airport, they usually hang around outside the terminal during the Pacific Coastal & Helijet arrivals, but they are probably the most expensive, around $20 I'd imagine. There is also a shuttle bus which goes into the downtown core for $8.50 I believe. If you are staying at a lodge (ie: Painter's, April Point, etc.) they each have a private shuttle bus that you can book before hand and they will pick you up at the airport. I'm pretty sure there are 2 car rental companies in the terminal building. If you'd like more info, I'd be glad to help out. Cheers

The shuttle sounds like a good idea to get into town. That solves one of my biggest problems but another one I had was I was planning on fishing in two different places, renting a boat in the 2 places. And I was looking for a way to get from discovery pass to Browns bay. I guess I may just have to break down and rent a car in town where I hope it would be cheaper. Im new to owning an aircraft, so I was wondering the situation with parking it overnight. If an airport doesnt have tie downs available what would be the best thing to do.

thanks,

You'll probably need the car to commute between the city and Brown's Bay, it's a fair distance north of the city and for what a taxi would cost, the car would make more sense. For parking at CYBL, you can leave the aircraft on the grass or the apron on the north side of the FSS building. I'm pretty sure it won't cost anymore than $5-8 per night. Chocks should do fine, I can't remember many other small a/c being tied down, the winds are never really a concern at the airport. There are also landing fees for certain aircraft, about $5. If you call the FSS local number 250-923-3942 they may be able to explain parking / fees a little better. Cheers