Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pool Pay Or Flight Pay?

Who's on pool pay and who's on flight pay. The pros and cons to each, and what seem to be the best way to spead out the pool pay. Thanks guys

Hey Buddy, I see that some things haven't changed around there. I think for your current location and fleet, pool pay would prolly work the best. Flight pay works best when is one man, one machine for an extended period of time. At said employer, too many different hands on too many different ships in too many locations makes it difficult to be fair. One thing is for sure....you are getting a raw deal as nobody wins except the company the way it is now.

Another thing that would work well there is a sign-out bonus, say $300. Being as the guys with the license are always on the move doing the part that carries the ultimate responsibility, they should get something for their signature being as the flight pay is not fairly distributed. Just my 2 cents worth.

Pool pay is great if your a D-fer, just bide your time and pass the buck. i'v seen it a million times, but if your the type of guy that will work hard and earn his cash then flight pay is the only way as well as a sign out bouns. That way the company get's what they pay for. With pool pay everybody get's a piece of the pie, weather you earned it or not.

Enough said

live well and prosper