Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Mountain Performance Of The 350b3

Hey there everyone...

Just a quick question about the B3. Besides the Everest accomplishment, I was curious about anyone's experiences using the B3 for high altitude. I am thinking mainly for transport of materials (in this case) no long lining.

Also, I am thinking about going to Eurocopter's transition training program here in the US. Has anyone else gone through the program? Worth the money?

Thanks!

mountainflier

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wowza 130kg more than the 407. Next time as350b3 whisper that kinda stuff we don't want a certain base manager from Golden to hear about that kinda thing. Just kidding of course! Fire at will 407 Driver

I am going to echo that! WOW! 130kg.

I am just really curious about what the 350 can do (from the flying POV - seen the specs). Out here we see B3's used for search/rescue/evac all the time, so I am thinking they are doing well in the Colorado mountains. I just haven't networked with any of those pilots, so I thought I would check with the great 350 drivers in the Vertical world.

Thanks!!

I have a good deal of time flying both the B2 and the B3 between 6-14K in Colorado, and the inter mtn west.

The B2 performace drops quickly after 8000 and 20. I like the B3 but try finding one for under 1.6 or so used. Wait list for a new one is long. I think there is better value out there for most applications

The one machince people are forgetting here is the L4 with the high alt t/r. It is amazing, it really isnt an L. It will walk around the B2 up high, and suposedly the 407.

What I like is it is simple and the DOC is cheap. No FADEC. Gas and go. I dont like the 206 series but give me an L4 with the T/R for stuff above 10K any day. It has a few oddities, but overall I really like flying and slinging out of it.

I have been flying bags at 7.5-9k the last month ( in the l4) and it is consistantly outperforming a B2 with a longer cycle time.