Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Help

Curt

I am interested in pursuing a career as a helicopter pilot, and was wondering if it is best to pay for the most expensive training and get hours on all three types or if i should just stick with the r22 and 44. I was also wondering how long it would take me to get 500 hours and were the best place in canada is to work, for money and job availability.

Hey Curt,

Try using the "Search" feature...........this has been beat to **** and back a coupla times..........lots of info here.

Welcome & Enjoy the site

TQN will be by shortly to advise on Newbie protocol and watch out for

Twinnie, he knows Kung Fu and can kick Chuck Noris' asss.

Cheers

R

Aaacckkk! You did it again, Rosco! post-824-1158970659_thumb.gif

Don'tchu mind him too much, Curt. Here's his pix; he's kinda scary but usually only when someone's bein' an idiot. :shock: (Which you are not.)

http://www.verticalmag.com/community/index...=5622&st=30

Welcome to Verticalmag.com. :bye: You're at the right place. ;) The answers to your questions are kind of sprinkled all over the place here, but I betcha someone will come along with a li'l guidance right shortly. That's the kind of bunch they are. :) Just be patient.

Hi and welcome!

All three types? If you mean the AS 350, I wouldn't spend money on that because the sort of jobs that demand it wouldn't be given to a low-timer anyway. I would take that money and put it into a 206 or at least the 44.

500 hours is around 40 hours a month - if you get a job (if), you could do that in less time. Of course, if you can afford the most expensive training :) have you thought of buying a machine, doing 500 hours by flying round your prospective employers and selling it afterwards?

Phil