Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flight Training Puppy Mills (canada)

100ft

Sounds like you learn to fly with Rob W. when he was at Chinook. A great guy, calm and didnt say much at the end of the flight, just: " i really liked how you did this ____________ today" and then " you go home and think about how i did this ____________ (Fill in with maneuver)

bm

<_< That is something I find "totally unacceptable" (no, not yer fubar spellin Cole :P ).

There is no reason or circumstance, that any instructor and or teacher, should "lose it" in a cockpit or class room for that matter......an individual that reacts like that with a student surely needs to find a different line of work.....and perhaps should seek professional help (a shrink?).... :down:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you learn to fly with Rob W. when he was at Chinook. A great guy, calm and didnt say much at the end of the flight, just: " i really liked how you did this ____________ today" and then " you go home and think about how i did this ____________ (Fill in with maneuver)

bm

:) B.M.......i worked "with" R.W. at Chinook, and thoroughly enjoyed doing so... :up:

Bushman, Helilog56:

Currently, I am training at Premier Helicopter Training with Rob Wood. I have 61 Hrs now and I am extremely happy with the training I have received. Rob spends so much time with me on the ground going over everything from aerodynamics of flight to Bell 206 flight Manuals and relating them to real working situations. Rob is so calm in the aircraft, which is essential for a learning environment. During the flight Rob always focuses on the positive things that are going on, this is much more encouraging, than having an instructor "lose it." Each flight at Premier is recorded on DVD and Rob will spend the time to go over the disc with you, focusing on solutions to problems that arise. Rob truely is doing things different at Premier, as students learn more on the ground than in the air.

Kevin

:) Good show there Kevin, sounds like your training is going well.....and yes, as i have said before Rob is an extremely competent instructor( and very personable).

Good luck with the rest of your training, who knows, i may see you out there when i stop by for coffee........ ;)