Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Training Blog

matt_as350

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Marc: I went via Merrit.

Deltacharlie: I have considered this route, and it is factored in my road trip. I have a few questions about it though, maybe you can PM me telling me more about it?

xrkyle: If I recall correctly my flight test was 1.7 which is the national average as well.

I have a chat with one CP on Tuesday, then it's driving up to PG, FSJ, Ft.Nelson.

Thanks everyone, Have a good day.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Well, It's been awhile since my last entry, I have met many Ops Managers, and Chief Pilots, and have not yet found a job.

In the mean time, I will be returning to Vancouver Island to accept a Airline Ramp position in the mean time until I can find a Helicopter job.

Should anyone hear anything I would be very greatful and willing to relocate on a moments notice to chase after the slightest chance at a job in the helicopter side of the industry

Thanks for following the blog, have a good day.

Matt

• 3 months later...

Thank You for your comments firemedic392. As for what I am up to now-a-days, Next Month I start at the University of Victoria for a Diploma in Business Administration-Aviation, I will be training to upgrade my Private Pilot (Airplane) License to a Commercial Pilot (Airplane) license, also adding a Flight Instructor (Airplane) Rating ,In addition to the Diploma in Business Administration from Uvic, and am currently half way finished my float plane rating.

Have a good day.

Matt