Training Blog

matt_as350

i sure hope so and make sure you do. REMEMBER, you are the customer and can demand it.

i remember talking to a student that was on R22's, he was half way through his course, had gone solo numerous times and had NEVER done a full on :shock:

he said it had been "shown" to him :blink:

i asked him who would "show" him if the engine quit on a solo???? <_<

i know for a fact that our students as well as students at the schools that run 47's all do ALOT of full ons BEFORE you solo. there is a reason for that because when you are solo, we aren't beside you if the engine quits ;)

i do not let my students out alone until i am assured that if the machine goes "poopy" they will drop the collective at the top and pull it up at the right time at the bottom. this should go without saying........

i'm reading that you are at around 10-15 hours??? i soloed at (lucky) 13 hours so you must be pretty darn close.........

sorry i am so vocal about this but i am sure the other instructors on this site would back me up............

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said it right, with out the ground there is no stress, this would be the worst part for a student in the event of a failure. Dealing with the stress must be practiced.

On the first flight we begin full on auto's. I notice the 22 instructors seperate the entry into a completely different leson. Full on to the ground, no excuses, every time. No student of mine has ever done a minute of solo until "They" demonstrate an auto with out "any" help from me.

just the way I believe it should be done.

only my thoughts

Rob

You said it right, with out the ground there is no stress, this would be the worst part for a student in the event of a failure. Dealing with the stress must be practiced.

On the first flight we begin full on auto's. I notice the 22 instructors seperate the entry into a completely different leson. Full on to the ground, no excuses, every time. No student of mine has ever done a minute of solo until "They" demonstrate an auto with out "any" help from me.

just the way I believe it should be done.

only my thoughts

Rob

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

WOW, it is amazing how someone's Training Blog can get completely Hijacked by ignorant people :down: :down: .

If you all want to discuss various ab-inito training techniques and pat each other on the back about how, and what you train your students, GO MAKE YOUR OWN :censored: THREAD, and leave Matt's alone .

It is a training Blog, meaning, it's a place to post HIS training experience... NOT YOURS. If you want to give him encouragement or pointers, go ahead, if not, get the :censored: off.

Matt, enjoy learning and remember the day you stop learning is the day you stop becoming a good pilot.