Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Omh 115 Course

kelownapilot

im starting my traing on monday the 9th at OMH with the basic 100 hour course..........they offer and 115 hours course and the pilots i talked with up north all said not to bother because in the end your still 100 hour pilot and the extra skills they teach you really are that benificial at that stage in the game..........granted you get 90 on the r22 and 25 hours on a r44 but is it gonna make me more employable in the industry..........? thanks for any suggestions

kp, it all depends on what you want. if you think that having the extra trainning will help get you a decent job then go for it. are you into spending the extra cash for trainning that the company that hires might give you? remember at this stage of the game you can't be over qualified, so the extra 15hrs will help with your flying confidence. good luck. and you can always change your mind and do the extra 15hrs right?

Leave after 85 (get the MoT ride over with)..........then go to see Craig at Valley...........fly a 47 for a few hours to learn power management.........and then get 10 hours (and an endorsement) on a 206.

100 hours or 115 ???

Those extra 15 hours on Robbies won't help you much at getting a job.

Spend your extra cash on making yourself a better, safer pilot.

47 time, a 206 endorsement, some sling work, and flying in the Coast Mountains will always be well regarded.........no matter how little you get........it's better than none !!

• 4 months later...

sorry if im a little late on the post reagrding the training at OMH...............just finishing my last 2 hours on the R44 and did a 4.5 hour solo x-country today to kamloops-merritt-princeton and back to kelowna on the R22...........the course has deffinatly exceeded my expectations: the 25hrs. on the R44 made a huge difference in employablity since John and Chris show you how to do some decent mountain flying in the Monashee's , log pad landings, full gross weight landings and T/O's in confined areas, bambi bucket training, long lining with 50' and 100' lines with trees, barrels and pretty much anything else you can think, hover exit training, and the bush camp experience was benificial get to ferry crews out in the morning and back in the evening, hook up the long line and swap out pilots for the whole day. overall im stoked that i went with the course and maybe by writing this up i might get a few hours for free............i'll post some pics up in the photo sections and if you have anymore questions i'd be more than happy to get back to ya...

cheers KP

I know this is a HUGE stretch but any possibility of getting up with you for a blast? If not I suppose you could come up in the 172 or the 140 if your kickin around penticton any time in the near future.

Cole

sorry if im a little late on the post reagrding the training at OMH...............just finishing my last 2 hours on the R44 and did a 4.5 hour solo x-country today to kamloops-merritt-princeton and back to kelowna on the R22...........the course has deffinatly exceeded my expectations: the 25hrs. on the R44 made a huge difference in employablity since John and Chris show you how to do some decent mountain flying in the Monashee's , log pad landings, full gross weight landings and T/O's in confined areas, bambi bucket training, long lining with 50' and 100' lines with trees, barrels and pretty much anything else you can think, hover exit training, and the bush camp experience was benificial get to ferry crews out in the morning and back in the evening, hook up the long line and swap out pilots for the whole day. overall im stoked that i went with the course and maybe by writing this up i might get a few hours for free............i'll post some pics up in the photo sections and if you have anymore questions i'd be more than happy to get back to ya...

cheers KP

Not late at all, thanks for your reply. Sounds like you have had a great experience, now starts the job search I guess, unless, of course, you are set up already. I hope to be following in your footsteps very soon. :up:

Good luck and fly safe, as they say. :)