Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

D.o.m For Hire

&

D.o.M. temp. for hire 25 plus years licensed, ten of which is in a management position, no violations or infractions within the helicopter industry. Well versed in CARS and working with new and seasoned engineers. Endorsed on Bell, Eurocopter, MD Helicopters. Able to perform as Human Factors trainer, Train the trainer, Q.A. If you are in between D.o.M's or if you are a D.o.M that would like to take a well deserved rest/vaction and not have to worry about who will mind the store? PM me.

I don't think your going to get many bites with the bait you are using.

DOM work schedule is basically 30 hours a day, 8 days a week, with a rotating shift of 2 weeks in and 2 weeks in. The dynamics of the position doesn't lend itself to hiring a "temp." to fill in while the boss is gone fishing. We generally have in place a system to cover the away times already.

Gotta ask..is this a troll?

RTR

Not sure how a 'temp' DOM would work.

You need to familiarize yourself with that company's MCM and MCP, and pass a test with Transport Inspector.

A lot of work for a temporary situation.

I thought it was a 'troll' as well.

RTR, I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

Why do you think so many companies are looking for AMEs to fill management positions? Burn out. Just like you said, DOMs work way too much and are on call all the time. I kind of enjoy phoning my DOM at 6 am on a Sunday (gotta love operating 2 time zones east of home base). He doesn't enjoy it, but that is his job. So why not offer the guy some relief by hiring someone that can make sure the ship doesn't sink during his deserved absence?

RTR, you mentioned that your comapny has s system in place to cover the DOM when he is away. You guys should be proud of yourselfs, very few companies have that sort of system in place, especially one that works. Maybe enlighten us and tells us what system you have in place and how it works.

I don't think your going to get many bites with the bait you are using.

DOM work schedule is basically 30 hours a day, 8 days a week, with a rotating shift of 2 weeks in and 2 weeks in. The dynamics of the position doesn't lend itself to hiring a "temp." to fill in while the boss is gone fishing. We generally have in place a system to cover the away times already.

Gotta ask..is this a troll?

RTR

RTR

I'm not a troll whatever that is?, I am the real McCoy.

I am just offering my services. Once again, any interested parties may contact me at dirofmtce@yahoo.ca

Regards

dirofmtce

Tooladdict, most companies already have a system in place. As a DOM you can appoint a designate to act on your behalf for up to 30 days. All it takes is a letter to TC.

That being said, the designate is usually one of the company engineers that you deem capable of looking after the shop for the 2 weeks or so that you are gone. (they should already be versed in the company MCM and MPM.)

To be the designate doesn't require an interview with TC.

As far as getting called at 6 AM on a Sunday morning, I don't really mind if it is an important call. We gotta fly'em to get the christmas presents to put under the tree.

dirofmtc, sorry if I came across negative about your post. Just curious as to how it would work though. In order to look after the shop for a while, you would need to undergo the full spectrum of company training. I'm also not sure how TC would view a casual hire (short term contract basically) in this capacity. An interesting idea though, lord knows most DOM's could use a little breathing space once in a while ;)

cheers,

RTR