Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Dominion-pegasus Helicopters Pilots And Engineers

:rolleyes: Back to the Dom-Peg thread again. This past week I happened to meet an old friend who I worked with at DP in the mid 70's and he just happened to have an old employee list. Some of the people I know where they are and what they're doing, but others I don't have a clue. If ya know about any of these guys, let us know.

Cliff Arnott

Mart Battick

Doug Beamish

Al Biggerstaff

Ed Burtch

Carlos DeCampos

Gary Gorgichuck

John Duan

Chris Franklin

Jud Gordon

Martin Hobbs

John O'Neill

Gary Richter

John Stewart

Mario Svalbe

Bill Batchelor

Randy Clark

Roger Fortin

Rick Gilland

Kelly Hague

Wayne Kennerknecht

Angus MacDougall

Len MacTaggart

Steve Smith

Ted Staines

Tom Marsden

Jon Busby

Jim Lyon

Walter Sicinski

Buck Spears

Buck Rogers

Thanks for any help you can give. Kinda brings back memories for some of ya eh! :up:

Know/Knew worked with all these fine gentlemen

Gerry MacKay

If I rember at that time in pickle we had John Harmon Myself John Row AKA Skid Row John Crlmer Jill Porier Gower Bronell who died later that year in a 47 Vick was the new Chief Pilot after the take over . also around in those days was Boogner with his S55 I rember they had it sitting on drums at king city while they changed it over to floates and it fell over so mutch for the S55. Burt Furnong was the base manager in King City of corse we had Earny Grant and I think it was Ron Boyd I later ran into a lot of the same crue at STH as well as Helie Voyager before I came west to Trans north in late 72-73 I ran into Boyd in the Yukon at one time but lost track of most people I never went back ease to fly once you get into the rocks you tend to stay

I did some avionics work for them (I was with IJA in Whitehorse then) in Inuvik in the winter 73-74 on the B205 and I think they had a 206 there as well as one of the United Helicopter Hughes 500s. New blue hangar - no lights, no heat, but out of the wind.

Can't recall the pilots names but one of them told be a story of flying the 206 on a very cold day, the lubricant in the head was wrong and everything literally froze up. Got it down on one piece.

This is the same time that an AII - Frontier(?) I think, had a tail boom break in cruise - luckily on the lower side of the torque so it compressed into itself and he was able to skid it to a stop on the ice.

And, the joys of the Mad Trapper B)

I was looking through "Just Converstion" and saw an item on TransQuebec Helicopters and it got me to thinking about Dom-Peg people. I wonder is anyone knows names and what these folks are doing now. I'll throw out a few names to start with--John Rowe, John Gould, Buck Spears, and Randy Brading. Anyone else with some names and whereabouts. I started with them in the early seventies.

I was looking through "Just Converstion" and saw an item on TransQuebec Helicopters and it got me to thinking about Dom-Peg people. I wonder is anyone knows names and what these folks are doing now. I'll throw out a few names to start with--John Rowe, John Gould, Buck Spears, and Randy Brading. Anyone else with some names and whereabouts. I started with them in the early seventies.

Hi,

Mario Swalbe, Richard Voss, John Carnie, Roger Fortin, Buck Spears, Lynn MacKay, ;) Ernie Grant, Kevin Parkin, Gerry MacKay are a few more. I'm Jim Grant formerly King City pool (yes almost retired...) Living in Moncton now...

Hi,

Mario Swalbe, Richard Voss, John Carnie, Roger Fortin, Buck Spears, Lynn MacKay, ;) Ernie Grant, Kevin Parkin, Gerry MacKay are a few more. I'm Jim Grant formerly King City pool (yes almost retired...) Living in Moncton now...

Is this the same Jim Grant who worked at MBB in the mid 80's?