Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chc International

gli77

I also posted this question in the maintenance section, but just in case not everyone gets there I will post here.

I am looking for any information on CHC International. Just a good, bad or indifferent will suffice if you do not wish to offer up opinions.

Thanks.

I am a pilot and not an engineer but I will give you my opinion such as it is. I think CHC GO (Global Operations as we call it now) has a lot of bad feelings in the industry which come from two areas.

1. It treated it's emplyees badly in the past and had some truly wicked people in the front office. They are gone to other companies now and open abuse is not tolerated.

2. Guilt by association with CHL a company with which it is no longer connected.

Thirty three years in the buisiness and have worked for a large variety of companies both good and bad, VFR and Offshore.

The current incarnation of CHC GO is the best of them by far. They have a way to go in organization but they are working very hard at it. And most stuff that goes sideways there is because of mistakes and not out and out meanness as we have seen in the past and continue to see at some companies.

The shortages of both pilots and engeneers ensure that they will continue to strive for equitable pay packages and benifit packages.

Oh and the not paying taxes thing is OK too although the company has nothing to do with that. If I had a complaint it is that they have used the tax credit to justify flat wage increases. They have so many employees now that are not Canadians and that therefore do not qualify for this tax credit that it is much less of an issue than it used to be.

Bottom line. If you don't like adventure, good money, fair treatment from management, excellent benny package, long trips in airplanes, bad to gross third world countries and not payng taxes stay away from CHC.

But they are the company everyone else loves to bash.

I also posted this question in the maintenance section, but just in case not everyone gets there I will post here.

I am looking for any information on CHC International. Just a good, bad or indifferent will suffice if you do not wish to offer up opinions.

Thanks.

Fair enough 412 Driver. I was concerned about a trash post which is why I went vague.

Basically I am looking at a position as a touring tech. Nothing has officially been offered but doing the homework as one does. Figured there might be a few on here who may have an opinion or two.

I am no stranger to the overseas work but not have not hit the African continent. The rotational schedule seems appealing. But from my experience what I am after is if this group is professional and organized enough to follow into those bad to gross third world countries.

I am not really looking for opinions on money I am more after thoughts on the company, the staff, the organization, the equipment, and overall morale of the guys/girls?

How often do you actually get out after 6 weeks? How is the training?

Thanks Deuce your reply was great!! And greatly appreciated.

Oh and PM's are welcome if you prefer.

As far as the rotation goes it is mostly honored. If for some reason and it is usually a good one they can't get your crossshift in they will expect you to extend. They will pay you an extra $300.00 bucks a day for every day over your 42 day tour. Real time a half in other words.

If these guys arent the ones to follow into these countries then no one is. And anyway you didn't become a helicpter engineer to live the safe boring life of the average Canadian. Take a walk on the wild side Dude!!

As far as the rotation goes it is mostly honored. If for some reason and it is usually a good one they can't get your crossshift in they will expect you to extend. They will pay you an extra $300.00 bucks a day for every day over your 42 day tour. Real time a half in other words.

Sorry to correct you Deuce...Although much better than it was before, an extra $300/day for ET doesn't even get close to time and a half: A Captain's daily of $213 + $300 ET= $513. This is pretty close of your daily average for working 182 days!

Maintenance staff and training are normally top notch, even in the worst locations.

Depending on the base, life can be extremelly boring or to the opposite, quite entertaining. Right 412 Wingman? B)

Overall, CHC Global Ops is a a pretty good outfit to work for.

you got that right wingman! :up:

dodging kites, bullets and the odd bomb blast among other things in the far east ;)

oh those crazy days........... :rolleyes:

looking at my souvenier San Miguel mug as i type...oh baby...it's all coming back to me now :shock: :shock: :shock:

my 2 bits? CHC always treated me all right. a few really long tours though when we were short staffed. the reason i left?

i wanted to go to the persian gulf and fly 412's!! :up: :up: