Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ame Recognized As A Skilled Trade

gli77

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the thing is then, we had better be PROFESSIONAL in our profession or maybe find a new line of work, wouldn't you think?
Well said. There is a difference between the title of "professional" and the attitude of professional.

who has higher ethics? The electrical engineer or the AME? I am hoping it would be the latter.

I would hope both adhere to their ethics. A rogue AME may be able to cause a crash, and a rogue electrical engineer may be able to cause a power outage for millions in the dead of winter. It's a silly debate. The fact is that the title of professional engineer belongs to a degree'd engineer who's put in his accredited time and written the required ethics and other exams.

In my opinion a degree'd engineer's title does not detract or enhance my profession but at the same time I recognize a degree'd engineer's academic achievements as higher than mine.

Well said. There is a difference between the title of "professional" and the attitude of professional.

I would hope both adhere to their ethics. A rogue AME may be able to cause a crash, and a rogue electrical engineer may be able to cause a power outage for millions in the dead of winter. It's a silly debate. The fact is that the title of professional engineer belongs to a degree'd engineer who's put in his accredited time and written the required ethics and other exams.

In my opinion a degree'd engineer's title does not detract or enhance my profession but at the same time I recognize a degree'd engineer's academic achievements as higher than mine.

Very well said gli77