Magic Programing Box For Technosonics Radios

drkrider

About 10 years ago, I remember entering all the frequencies into a PC and then loading them into a TFM 138B. We used an old ELT battery to power the 138. All the cables and software were provided by the avionics shop which was Inland Communications in Kamloops. Ian Hunter I think was the owners name back them.

I was working at Valley in Hope then and Fred wanted to have all the frequencies in all his machines to be identical at all times. Fleet commonality, a concept I haven't seen since.

I am in the process of programming our radios right now. The owners don't want to pay for the big expensive black box either. So, if you can't shell out for the expensive box there is another option. Find an older computer, one that would have win 98 and can run DOS. The original way of doing this is using an old DOS program which takes about as long to punch in all the channels as doing the manual method into the radio face. But once you have it programmed in DOS once, it is really easy to drop into all the remaining radios. I can send you the original program if you need it, I think it is called PCDLB2 and it can easily fit on a floppy disc. LMK if you need more info.

I am in the process of programming our radios right now. The owners don't want to pay for the big expensive black box either. So, if you can't shell out for the expensive box there is another option. Find an older computer, one that would have win 98 and can run DOS. The original way of doing this is using an old DOS program which takes about as long to punch in all the channels as doing the manual method into the radio face. But once you have it programmed in DOS once, it is really easy to drop into all the remaining radios. I can send you the original program if you need it, I think it is called PCDLB2 and it can easily fit on a floppy disc. LMK if you need more info.

Technosonics gives you the software for free on their website but the boxes they farm out to a shop down in Texas I believe who build them then charge you a fortune.

I found the circuit diagram in the manual maybe I'll order the parts and try to build my own box....