Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Aviaton Medicals

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That fee used to be inculded in the cost of the medical at the doc's office but they changed it and now you are sent the bill. The sh#$%y thing is that now you have to pay it your self and the doc still charges the same rate they did before. Though there are some out there that dropped their rate.

MG

When the fee was first implemented they tried to get the doctors to collect it but they freaked out! "We are not your tax collectors"

Has anyone besides me tried paying this bill online?

Transport Canada transact....The most convoluted Gawd awful website you have ever seen!!!java script:emoticon(':down:', 'smid_8')

:down: :down: Still.....it's faster than doing it with a touch tone phone!java script:emoticon(':blink:', 'smid_7')

:blink:

Guest Angry Egg Driver
The invoice is a "licence issueing fee"

\I guess someone has to get paid to shuffle the papers.

And oh yeah ...try not paying it and your licence will turn into a pumpkin in 3 months.

I have gone more than 3 months without paying it before.Does that mean that my license was not valid?If so where is it stated that your license is not valid?Me thinks someone is pulling your leg.... :up:

I have gone more than 3 months without paying it before.Does that mean that my license was not valid?If so where is it stated that your license is not valid?Me thinks someone is pulling your leg.... :up:

No... your medical is not invalidated. The bill gets sent to Canada Revenue Agency and is added to your income tax. They do reserve the 'right' to send it to Collectcorp which is a private collection agency.

I 'forgot' to pay it once (probably because I figured that if they are FORCING me to do a medical to fly, then I shouldn't have to PAY Transport Canada to process that medical) and it ended up being deducted from the tax refund the next year.

End of story.