Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Just A Quick Question

When I was at the abby airshow I saw a demonstration from heli-jet, and being a fixed wing guy I thought nothing of it, but after it had finished I began to think flying a helicopter for a career wouldnt be half bad, and my question is what is the helicopter equivelant to air canada, heli-jet sorta thing?....and flying never has anything to do with money but I was just wondering what is the pay range is like for the top of the line chopper pilots?

thanks,

Losing money, badly managed? You could say that most helicopter companies on that basis were like Air Canada :) However, they're certainly not bloated with staff, so I guess the comparison ends there, except for, say, Canadian, judging by other posts I've seen recently. In terms of public perception, and their view of a pilot's status, I can't really think of one - helicoptering in Canada is very much a blue-collar job.

Having said all that, based on my own experience, I would have to say Cougar must be up there, with Remote and Yellowhead in their own markets, plus Alpine, Venture and Abitibi based on what I hear.

Phil