What Was He Thinking?

Guest Angry Egg Driver

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[no name calling]

1. This type of flying sets a bad example for the young pilots :down:

2. The individual in question has no military training that would have prepared him for a low altitude engine failure. ( not that having such training justifies map of the earth evasion type civil flying) :down:

3. This type of flying recklessly endangers the life of the passenger ( taking the film) :down:

4. this type of flying places undue stress on the aircraft. :down:

Personally I am not impressed at all, quite the opposite as are most of the guys here. It paints a false picture of what it is we do. :down:

<_< Another "hotshot" cowboy, that is facing the inevitable (an accident). :down:

Hopefully he will not take out anyone with him. Oh, and it is nice of them to post his name for Chief Pilots to make note of, when he comes banging on doors looking for work. :huh:

Mark, what are you talking about, that was my intro flight... thought I could hover haha.

Sure it looks cool, but unless theres some magical clearing that appears when the stove quits hes going feet wet into that river... it dont look that warm, and it dont look that shallow... there was another video floating around of an R22 being maxed out... it was called something like "Max performance takeoff" and was filled with more crap like that.

If this guy was Maverick, I wonder if the guy flying and filming with him was "Goose"?

We all know that Goose died in the movie.

I guess once the star finds out that he has been nominated for an emmy award on Vertical Forum, the guy who posted the video will have his goose cooked, don't you think?

I also think that he really did a good job of demonstrating his bold flying skills to do this awsome training video for our fly boys at DND.

The part that he forgot was to bring the flight engineer along to tell him how far he was off the ground or away from the rock walls!

oh come on guys. swear on the bible, your momma and your first born child that none of you have ever pushed the envelope of any aircraft.

the 500 is perfectly capable of that kind of flying and although I have never flown with Duff boy, I've flown with many other mavericks that made what he was doing look like a 4 year old running through the living room with a toy helicopter.

It's not 'pushing the aircraft' so much (in this case) but endangering the passengers.

If you wanna take your own life, strap a video cam in the passenger seat and go kill yourself... but don't take someone with you.