Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What Was He Thinking?

Guest Angry Egg Driver

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope some day I can work with such greatness! I would feel so safe!!!

The fact that you defend ole Maverick and think that every pilot has his or her head up their respective ***** like he does, clearly states you are dilusional. In fact I am sure you have offended about 99% of drivers in saying so.

It is just a comfort to know that you are out there in some hanger ensuring the safety of the Moron Brigade! I think you might be in the running for DOM of that outfit!

I repeat Dumbass!

P

Geeeez Plinko, I'm with you. I wouldn't want to work with an engineer like Fenestron who looks after the A/C with attention to detail and assumes the worst, Pfffff, what a waste of time :blink::blink::wacko: .

Actually, I was more offended by your comments about '99% of the Moron Brigade having their heads up their respective *****'. To assume that Fenestron thinks that by his statements leads me to think you are right up there in the 'Moron Brigade'.

Wow, this thread and the Pics from the Field is sure showing who is out there riding high horses and wearing shining armour, saving us all from ourselves.

BTW, I am not defending what KD did. But this forum is like a room full of kids caught with cookie crumbs on their face, all pointing at the one kid with his hand in the cookie jar saying "It wasn't us, he did it!"

Whooa, settle down there people.

Fish, I can understand you're point.

However, I have read a lot of Fenestron's posts. And he's a hypocrite, contradicting himself at every corner. One second, he's giving a tear filled concerned parent lecture to Cole about riding his motorcycle too fast and poor attitude, responsibility, then he's saying that if you know what you're doing, this kind of flying isn't for everyone, but if you're a top gun, and he's the concerned engineer looking over the machine after a tree top flier comes come, then we can overlook any concerns people have.

Where do you connect with reality Fenestron? At the officers club? She's lost that loving feeling.

I'll let the record show that I have not endorsed what KD did, nor have I attacked him in any personal way (as many have done to him, and now it appears to me as well). seems there is only one way for many of you to feel better about yourselves. I could care less if any of you feel your pedestal is higher than mine or his or anyones for that matter.

Maybe my comments about 90%, was misunderstood. I did not say 90% of the pilots out there do this, I said 90% of those that do it, do it for those reasons. If you're of the 90% who screw around like this, then you can stand up and be counted as the offended. If you're an angel at the controls, it wasn't meant for you so back off.

My opinion is that the aircraft in question can handle it and coupled with a good engineer, none of those problems (ie blades falling off, tracking problems etc) will ever be an issue. Working the drills does more work on that drive system and airframe than any agressive manouver will. We're talking long term abuse versus short term. clearly this jaunt down the vally is not what this aircraft does every hour of it's life.

In my opinion this thread should be closed, as it's simply turning into a pissing contest.

"Actually, I was more offended by your comments about '99% of the Moron Brigade having their heads up their respective *****'. To assume that Fenestron thinks that by his statements leads me to think you are right up there in the 'Moron Brigade'."

Well Fish not sure if you comprehended what I wrote...I was referring to the other 99% of pilots that do not perform "stunts" like the video so clearly shows and would be offended by Fenestroms comments. Of course we all like to know that our A/C is being maintained to the highest standard, it goes without saying. One would assume that every engineer takes his/her job seriously and thourougly maintains his/her airplanes....that was not the point. In my opinion there is no defending such diseregard for life or machine. The video definitely shows an adept pilot...the point is who would "want" to fly like that! There are enough risks in the job already without putting yours and your passengers *** on the line for the sake of an ego boost. We all like to have fun from time to time...that is not in question...it is just how far we push the envelope and stack the odds against us in having such fun that is the issue.

"The thread and the Pics from the Field is sure showing who is out there riding high horses and wearing shining armour, saving us all from ourselves."

No high horse here...just expressing my views...that video gave me the chills...I like comin home at the end of the day...enough good guys and friends have been taken from us doing things by the book, so it seems absolutely absurd to hang your nuts out there like that...not to mention takin someone along with you for the ride!

P

Let's clear a few things up here.

I will list some facts, and try to keep personal opinions out of this, for clarity's sake.

Fenestron is a very experienced and well known engineer.

He doesn't fix/work on helicopters as you may expect.......he builds them.

A look at his name will tell you who for.

No secret here, many of you alredy know this.

He has been on this site for many years, though using different names.

I welcome his personal opinions, but regard them as just that.

He loves to stir up controversy.

This seems apparent when his opinions on one thread contradict what he has said somewhere else.

Many of his comments are justified, based on many years in this industry, but upsetting.

Some are just upsetting.

That's for the reader to decide.

Some are brutally personal attacks, of which he has been chastised by this community, and warned by the moderators.

He usually turns most topics into a Bell-bashing theme..........this one is no exception as you can see.

We started with a 500 up a river, and now he's posting 407 Service Bulletins.

Now he has stirred up a hornet's nest and wants to have it closed down.

End of facts.

You decide.

that precisely my point....it gets personal when it shouldn't. In this case, it started off bad naming a pilot in our own backyard and some stepped up to the plate and took it further. once again, it's going further.

I am no stranger to controversy and thats just me.

I agree with so many points others have said on this, yet I disagree with the "sky is falling" direction some have taken with regards to the damage to the helicopter and chose that as the base to my contribution to this thread.

This guy pushed the envelope, he didn't re-invent it. Nor did he crash in the cold water below, yet many seem to think he should have, and/or will in the future (gee when I made that remark to Cole about buying that R6, I got jumped on big time, why can others now wish ill on KD and not face the same wrath???).

I personally think that you can't get good at anything until you practice. I know KD wasn't smooth, I know the 407 loop was poorly executed, but both videos ended with the skids touching the ground as they should have. I am watching training videos right now and many new pilots are banging those ships around the sky worse than KD. Does that make every training R22 a deathtrap for the next guy? No, because they have engineers who look at them in a different light.

So go and hang me for being an indiviual with my own opinions, and agenda. I'm the black sheep of the industry and I can handle that without name calling now. I've learned a valuable lesson and hopefully KD has as well. Maybe some of you should follow the path too.

Well Fish not sure if you comprehended what I wrote...
I think I did actually comprehend. Fenestron never said anything about a Moron Brigade or heads up certain lower posterior orfices, you made those comments, nobody else.

I was referring to the other 99% of pilots that do not perform "stunts" like the video so clearly shows and would be offended by Fenestroms comments.
You also seem to know exactly what comments offend 99% of the pilots out there and how 99% of them fly. I am not trying to start a pissing match, but alot of people on here are making some large blanket statements about everyone else, that's all.

We all like to have fun from time to time...that is not in question...it is just how far we push the envelope and stack the odds against us in having such fun that is the issue.
I agree with you 100%, this takes into account everyones personal limits and boundaries, Pilot and passenger. Obviously these two have a rather large rubber envelope to fit all their fun into. Again, a personal issue, each to their own.

I like comin home at the end of the day...enough good guys and friends have been taken from us doing things by the book, so it seems absolutely absurd to hang your nuts out there like that...not to mention takin someone along with you for the ride!

P

Once again, I agree with you here 100%. We are in a dangerous profession, it is one where we manage our risk every day. And I feel that there is a difference between doing it for an 'Ego Boost' and for 'Fun'. Remember the PDM course dangerous personalities?

I tend to agree with Fenestron, most machines up to a certain point can usually take a little out of context normal flying.

I've stated before that most helicopter pilots trained only on helicopeters don't have an appreciation for airmanship.

Pilots in my opinion should start out on gliders and then powered fixed wing and from there helicopters. Then they would have a real understanding of AIRmanship.

Think about ...what keeps the following machines in the "air".

A glyder.

A fixed wing airplane with prop.

A pure jet aircraft.

A helicopter.

Which ones can do aerobatics, and under what conditions????

Comments if you wish.

Cheers, Don