What Was He Thinking?

Guest Angry Egg Driver

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People make posts that are not always taken in the right context by the person reading them.

So, if you sit back and say something that is worthwhile and makes sense, why would anybody want to contradict.

I appreciate somebody elses point of vue as long as it has a constructive element to it, down grading a point of vue for no other reason provides everybody with the awareness of the knowledge base of that individual.

The past is the past and I much prefer looking forward to tomorrow.

Cheers, Don (good meds)

I guess KD will be taking this video to show to his future potential employeers as proof of his cool flying skills. They won't need to spemd the money to give him a check ride either. He won't even have to bring a resume along either; just a portable DVD player. I'm sure that the interview won't be any longer than the vid clip either. :shock:

I hear he has been FIRED How would you feel if he shows up where you work would you be happy to share the aircraft that you fly with him..

I would first get his autograph and after I would buy life insurance in his name and put me as the benificary.

See, now we are getting to the other topic that scares the **** out of me. I've seen a few cowboys come and go from a few of the companies I've worked for, and it seems that they keep on finding work. Doesn't anyone call for references!!!!

Ya, hope its true he got skidded. Whats it matter though we'll probably see him around again. I just hope he's not my cross shift.

JEEEZ, Is it over yet? Sure hope so. :wacko: That's a whole lot fo free advertising for acts of great stupidity. Like a few stated RISK MANAGEMENT, that's really the job.Flying the helicopter comes second.

And by the way, I am the GREAT leader of the Moron brigade, Try to show a little respect for the great leader :up:

KK2

Fen, the fact that this guy is a cowboy goes without saying. I am certain what he did is within the confines and limitations of the aircraft (because everything he did there in the video could be done in my lowly 172). However, this certainly doesnt excuse the risk he put forth to the aircraft, and its occupants. It is very possible that the passengers were fully compliant with the manuevers, but it is also entirely possible that they did and do not know some of the factors that come into play here. It is my understanding that in event of an engine failure during this flight the aircraft and passengers would be in immediate danger. As the passengers are likely not pilots themselves, they would not know the risks and dangers of this kind of flight.

From another perspective, what happens if the aircraft were to become a smoking hole during these manuevers? If the pilot survived he would clearly be fired and possibly charged for his actions. I belive the insurance works much the same on aircraft as it does on some vehicles... If you decide to take your car out and push its limits and you crash, you are not insured, you are on your own.

If I am wrong, please correct me. We'll get everything we need out of this thread if we keep it based on FACT and TRUTH.

Fen, surly you can relate to this, as you ride a motorcycle, a **** quick one at that. If you go for a ride on your FZ6, apex every corner as hard and as fast as you can, you are still within the limits of the bike yes? If your smokin hot girlfriend, who doesnt ride herself, is on the back and thinks its fun, is she fully aware of the consequences if you lowside? Would you say that because you were actually riding within the limitations of the motorcycle, you were safe?

Now think the video over again, like I said, it is entirely possible the helicopter is not exceeding any factor of its posted and physical limitations. It is also possible the pax are willing to go top gun'n down the valley. Does that make it safe and reasonable?

I think Ive made my point.