Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What Was He Thinking?

Guest Angry Egg Driver

sure Cole, I'll agree with you, but I was only talking aircraft limitations until everyone started ragging on me. I know if you push limits you increase the risks and in a helicopter as soon as those skids leave the ground, well, you know, the risk just jumped dramatically.

why everyone thinks I am endorsing this guy is beyond me. All I was doing was trying to take out of the equation, the fact that the aircraft can and will handle it because thats where my knowledge lies. The pilot skill and luck must take over the rest. KD managed to have both on his side during this particular flight.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Angry Egg driver didn't know that this post was going to be as volotile as it was plus cost his buddies job to boot. However the posts on the web site where he found this video had noting but praise for KD. Maybe KD has a future in NZ or Aus?

Its funny that we are all here condeming poor KD for what he did. I think that it is more for being caught on film; than what he did. There are a lot of pilots out there have done similiar or worse before the advent of the internet, but the story was spread by word of mouth. It took more time and things seem to get more embelished with time.

Its funny that in the Top Gun movie there was a scene in the classroom where Maverik said that " when your up there you have no time to think. If you think then you are dead". In the helicopter industry its quit the opposite. My instructor always said that you have to think ahead of the helicopter.

Well guys....thats nothing compared to mustering in Australia!

Although %80 of mustering is floating around high on a low power setting making noise....the other %20 can depend the animals you are dealing with at the time.......the differance is mustering is done for a purpose not for fun.

Well guys....thats nothing compared to mustering in Australia!

Although %80 of mustering is floating around high on a low power setting making noise....the other %20 can depend the animals you are dealing with at the time.......the differance is mustering is done for a purpose not for fun.

Oh Ya! We've seen the "Riding the deadmans Curve", Video. OOOOWA, Woopie!

I thought that these were guys who were out there doing their first hover exercizes! :punk: :wacko:

Guest Angry Egg Driver

TT2:

I don't think that it was me that got him fired for putting the link on here.I think he can lay the blame on himself for that.....And he isnt really a buddy of mine,just someone i have worked along side in the past.

Maybe a lesson for all of us out there.If your doing something out there that you figure might be crosssing the line.....look over your shoulder...you never know who might be taking some video of you.... ;)

I thought that these were guys who were out there doing their first hover exercizes! :punk: :wacko:

Well if thats what you thought good for you!

AT LEAST THEY CAN PLAN THERE FUEL FOR A 20 MIN FLIGHT......hovering or not(remind you of anything)

:D GR

Whats your prob with Aust or NZ...???

did one of those guys take a job from you because you have no talent..?

He might have had one **** of a surprise if after exiting one of the tighter bends in the river valley to find another "Top Gunner" coming the other direction....Who goes up, Who goes down, Who goes left/right?

:shock: :shock: :shock: