Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Female Engineers

tweaker

Guest Bullet Remington
I promise to not call anyone sexist-piggish again. :oops: Not even you, Wigs. :P

\Ah Geez!1 Sometimes I wonder why I work so hard at it!! Now I find out I'm not going to get any recognition?? :blink:

What's the point in trying?/ Can somebody tell me??? Huh? :punk: That was the LAST thing I thought I had a chance to be good at!! :wacko:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**** TQN I was hoping to raise more ire than that. I work with Tweaker and was just trying to rattle her cage. I'll have to work harder at it next time.

Cheers

Sorry, Wiggsy. I was tryin' to not contribute to a thread being shut down (like one R44 somethin' or other :rolleyes: ...ahem). Anyhoo, I'll try to be more reactive next time. Not that you have to watch out for me or nuttin'. Tweak's is the one with the wrenches! :lol:

\Ah Geez!1 Sometimes I wonder why I work so hard at it!! Now I find out I'm not going to get any recognition?? :blink:

What's the point in trying?/ Can somebody tell me??? Huh? :punk: That was the LAST thing I thought I had a chance to be good at!! :wacko:

:lol: I will call you sexist-piggy any time you want, Bullet. post-824-1207283560_thumb.gif post-824-1207283596_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...
[quote

The ones I worked with we're OK, I definately wasn't afraid to fly what they fixed, but they were seriously outpaced by even the most mentally challenged BCIT male graduate. :wacko: excuse me while I run away and hide now.

OH SH-T!!! Here we go!! Standby SOD, the wrath of TQN is about to fall on your sorry little head!!

It's just a matter of time before she discovers your post but believe me, she will find it!!

Sob (er, Sod) was quoting the Neanderthal that is/was Fenestron (or should I say TwistedSpurt?). No originality, no pinch!

I recently spent three hours in the automotive/diesel training shop of a Master Certified Mechanics technical institute for observation. Students were about 90% male, 10% female. I observed them working side by side with equal finesse/interaction/knowledge, at various stages of stripping down engines and trannies and rebuilding them. I thought to myself: 1) These gals have a great future ahead of them and 2) These gals will work double-time to prove themselves in this predominantly male profession. They will do just that and they will succeed. ;)

So it’s a man’s world. Always has been and always will be. Big deal. We love men; couldn’t get along without ‘em on most days. :rolleyes: Women simply step up to the plate and do the dance harder and faster because of it.

There’s a great bunch of 21st-century guys here (and I would imagine "out there") who’ve expressed genuine and generous comments of praise for the work of you female engineers. I wouldn’t waste time or energy on those still living in the 20th century. Their day of reckoning typically comes when they are one-upped by a female counterpart, though they’d be the last to admit it. That’s okay, because we know. WE know.

So to Tweaker, ValKiran, Rcketchik and all the rest…right on, rock on and show ‘em how it’s done! :punk:

-TQN Not to be confused with the G. Steinems of the world. I have turned wrenches (though not as a profession) AND I like my sexy bras! Bwahahahaha!

I recently spent one hour in the kitchen area shop of a Betty Crocker school of baking institute for observation. Students were about 90% female, 10% male. I observed them working side by side with equal finesse/interaction/knowledge, at various stages of baking, cleaning and mixing. I thought to myself: 1) These guys have a great future ahead of them and 2) These guys will work double-time to prove themselves in this predominantly female profession. They will do just that and they will succeed. However most will be called pansies for the rest of their lives.

HHHmmmmm not to sure what happened there but apparently my text is missing from my last thread. But hey let's get it fired up :wacko:

Didnt realize I had stepped into it on this one. What I was trying to say in regards to that quote is that I know alot of very good engineers that have come out of BCIT. I'm not saying it isnt a bit of a puppy mill but you get out of training what you want and if you want to coast through BCIT then you can (as I am sure you can with plenty other schools), however it is up to the individual what you get out of it. So to generalize and say those that come out of BCIT are not good engineers is a bit much.

But hey, what do I know...... I'm a mentally challenged BCIT male chopper fixer upper who came right out and scored a job with a good company.

:shock:

I recently spent one hour in the kitchen area shop of a Betty Crocker school of baking institute for observation. Students were about 90% female, 10% male. I observed them working side by side with equal finesse/interaction/knowledge, at various stages of baking, cleaning and mixing. I thought to myself: 1) These guys have a great future ahead of them and 2) These guys will work double-time to prove themselves in this predominantly female profession. They will do just that and they will succeed. However most will be called pansies for the rest of their lives.

A Chef's world being predominantly female...............I think not!