Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Female Engineers

tweaker

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-824-1208563942_thumb.gif Yes, I believe that was me, Splitty. After a long work week and before libations. :rolleyes: Soon to be remedied, however. :punk: I'll have one or five for you, too!

It'll be 18:00 in 1/2 hour. That's when I'll join you. (My policy is no libations before 18:00, slippery slope you know :rolleyes::rolleyes: )

Just don't vent on your signifigant other. Have a good weekend!!

It's really quite simple. If your strong enough to pull 250 lbs ft on a rotor head, or lift a turbine up to your fellow engineer (for example before all you bored people shoot my words down), then I don't care if your a monkey. If you can't, then fixed wing is more suited for you. All in all we love workin on aircraft, (the b**ches!). And helicopters is a bush breed in alot of cases.

Let's just keep the people in the cockpit safe, they have family too.

Back to you farts LOL!

• 1 month later...

I find the whole gender specific thing totally offensive and irrelivent. Only someone insecure with their own position would even bring it up, usually the sign of a weak personality. Let's $hit can this crap and move on.

I find the whole gender specific thing totally offensive and irrelivent. Only someone insecure with their own position would even bring it up, usually the sign of a weak personality. Let's $hit can this crap and move on.

"irrelivent" first of all learn how to spell, and secondly how is it irrelevant. This has always been a man's industry and a female trying to make her place has always been a hot topic among everyone, everywhere. There was a time when it was completely unacceptable for females in this industry, and not because they couldn't do the job. Mostly because of right wing jack offs who also believe that women shouldn't vote (or don't come right out and say it but secretly believe it) so if someone wants to know what people in the industry think about it now seeing as there is a more prominent group of successful females, I say why not.

As far as being insecure, I have yet to meet a successful female engineer in this industry who is insecure. most of them take more #### than anyone else and still come out on top. There are just as many bad female engineers out there as there are male (per quota) but most of them do not last because they have the ability to be singled out a lot more than the men.

and for the record tweaker does not have a week personality at all :)