Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ed Pruss, Rip

ray

Ed Pruss

PRUSS _ Ed of Castlegar passed away suddenly at the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital in Trail, B.C. on November 19, 2006. Ed was born on February 20, 1931 in Opal Alberta. Ed was a devoted employee for Canadian Helicopters. He was a successful pilot for over 40 years. He is survived by his beloved wife; Vera, children: Vickie, Gale, Kim, Edward, Adam and Russ, and sisters; Leona, Margaret Rose, 6 grandchildren, numerous nephews and nieces. Ed will be greatly missed. Personal Alternative Funeral Services of Castlegar, was entrusted with the arrangements.

I am travelling at the moment and got the word from my wife that Ed had passed away and as Cap says, it is happening all too often. I worked with Ed at Bow and Okanagan. We were close friends and I learned a lot from him. There are a million stories which once again become the best of memories.

I stayed a lot closer to him after he left flying and will miss him a lot.

The experiences we share in this business are varied and many of the stories cannot be told but what wonderful people we meet along the way. Ed was one of them.

Regards

carholme

• Like 1

• 15 years later...

Not sure if this is the same Ed Pruss, but back in the mid-80s I was (USAF) part of a team doing site surveys for the North Warning System radar system.  As I recall, our helicopter pilot was one Ed Pruss. I remembered him especially because he had the same last name as the captain of the Hindenberg (Max Pruss).  At the time, if memory serves, he was flying to Okinagan Helicopters, whith whom we had contracted to take us to various mountain top sites to survey.  I remember him as a very good pilot and a very nice guy all around.  Not sure if this was the same man, but my condolances anyway.  

On 2/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, CStan said:

Not sure if this is the same Ed Pruss, but back in the mid-80s I was (USAF) part of a team doing site surveys for the North Warning System radar system.  As I recall, our helicopter pilot was one Ed Pruss. I remembered him especially because he had the same last name as the captain of the Hindenberg (Max Pruss).  At the time, if memory serves, he was flying to Okinagan Helicopters, whith whom we had contracted to take us to various mountain top sites to survey.  I remember him as a very good pilot and a very nice guy all around.  Not sure if this was the same man, but my condolances anyway.  

Same person.