Ctd's Great Western Tour 2003

CTD

It's about to begin. CTD's Great Western Tour 2003 starts Saturday Aug 23 in YYC.

What's 'Great' about it? No tents.

'Western?' 'Cuz it's out west, dummy.

Tour? It's a four-week tour. Relatively short by helicopter standards but I work for a good outfit :lol:

2003? What are you, a fixed wing pilot?

Anyway, while your busy throwing water at Mother Nature's heartburn, keep your eyes peeled for an overloaded silver BMW GS with She-TD waving on the back.

We have been known to accept food and booze hand-outs during these tours, and if you flag us down, I'll sign your Vortex for a shot of Lagavulin 16.

If you're between YYC and YOW during the third week of Sept, keep an eye out for the same bike with a solo rider heading east - direct YOW. :shock:

Looking forward to seeing 407Driver, downwash, 4961, touchdown, Hightower and 100ft while in BC - wx and fires permitting. Haven't heard from Randy, but I expect he's busy.... Rosco gets a visit on the way home to YOW, so dust off the scotch and start soaking the ribs, Dude.

BTW - thanks to those who have offered their hospitality - it's great to know there are friends around. :up:

Thanks to Rosco, who was instrumental in getting the bike to YYC.

Thanks to Kyle, for this site.

See you on the road.....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if wx should force you to divert through YQR, twinstar would be happy to drive the sask dust from ya' with beverages of choice!!! :D

no signing the vortex though as i have to read it on the website and grease pencil on the monitor is a pain to look around!!!! :blink: :shock:

have a great ride!!!! :up:

Guest graunch1

Nice looking bike but I am curious about the load. Where are the fly-away kit, spare fuel drum, filter pump, spare rotables, maint manual and assorted SBs,ADs and logbook going to fit :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I will down at the Highland Games in High River for the Aug 23 weekend as kid#2 is competing, otherwise would have liked to get together

Bring your flight helmet CTD, we're planning to get you into a 407 for a long day of bucketing. She-TD and I have a nice day planned hiking in a local National Park, that is, if there's any Parks left un-burned.

See you out here soon, if there's a highway closure, just stick some Alpine, Yellowhead, or Blackcomb Helicopter stickers on the side of the rocket, and tell them you're essential crew...

407 - I plan to have a beer each morning for breakfast in an attempt to preclude any flight crew duties. Although, getting my mitts on a 407 again....maybe for a price...... ;)

Deuce - We will be visiting the Island, likely during week 2. Plan on doing as much of it as the wx will permit. Drop me a PM with your details.

Twinny - will be paasing through QR on my way back to YOW during the week of Sept 15-20. Drop me a line with contact info...